LUWS switching to LDS Account

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
deanphillips

migration question

Post by deanphillips »

I'm our wards website administrator and several members are having trouble accessing the site. It appears they registered before LDS Accounts were established and they have not migrated over yet from the old to the new. I can see their login names as described above but how do they reset or get a replacement password?

Dean
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

evhfan2000 wrote:I'm our wards website administrator and several members are having trouble accessing the site. It appears they registered before LDS Accounts were established and they have not migrated over yet from the old to the new. I can see their login names as described above but how do they reset or get a replacement password?
At this point, they just need to register for an LDS Account like any other new user would do. They can use the link on the LUWS login page, or just go directly to ldsaccount.lds.org
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

evhfan2000 wrote:I can see their login names as described above but how do they reset or get a replacement password?
As a followup, those whose usernames you can still see are those who have not yet created lds accounts.
chriswoodut-p40

beware 48 hr time out

Post by chriswoodut-p40 »

evhfan2000 wrote:I'm our wards website administrator and several members are having trouble accessing the site. It appears they registered before LDS Accounts were established and they have not migrated over yet from the old to the new. I can see their login names as described above but how do they reset or get a replacement password?

Dean
We spent time during tithing settlement getting people to submit a registration through the site. This worked well until we later learned that if they didn't click the email link within 48 hours that the link expired and they had to start again.

We spent about 12 hours signing people up and then ran into this. Ugh. That means only about 1/3 of those that went through the process actually finished it.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”