LUWS switching to LDS Account

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

MRK wrote:The link is working. I used it just a few minutes ago. I don't see anything about it being a beta site, but I do notice that the screens process much faster. That is a welcome relief!!
Well, I don't think that the actual Ward Website pages have any major functionality changes with this release. I think the only beta part of this whole thing is the authentication with the new LDSAccount credentials system.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MRK wrote:The link is working. I used it just a few minutes ago. I don't see anything about it being a beta site, but I do notice that the screens process much faster. That is a welcome relief!!
The new login page itself doesn't mention anything about it being in beta. However, if you go to the original login page and enter your current LUWS user name with an incorrect password, then a message will be displayed that says:
The username or password you have provided has not been registered. If you want to sign in with your LDS Account username and password, try our beta login page.
That "beta login" link takes you to the same place as the "Switch your account now" link on the original login page. Also, note that the URL for the new login page contains the word "beta":

Code: Select all

https://secure.lds.org/units/login-beta/1,21566,779-1,00.html
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

mkmurray wrote:Well, I don't think that the actual Ward Website pages have any major functionality changes with this release. I think the only beta part of this whole thing is the authentication with the new LDSAccount credentials system.
I'm hoping that the developers have been able to fix the e-mail broadcast bug. This morning when I sent the e-mail broadcast, it was delivered on the first try. For the past month, I have had to submit the e-mail three and four times before it would finally be delivered. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I haven't noticed anything else that acts differently.
AileneRHerrick

Hooray!

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I am thrilled about the switchover!

Is there any document written up introducing the new LDS Account that I could refer my ward members to? If not, that's okay, I can write one up... but I didn't want to duplicate any work that has already been done!
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

AileneRHerrick wrote:Is there any document written up introducing the new LDS Account that I could refer my ward members to? If not, that's okay, I can write one up... but I didn't want to duplicate any work that has already been done!
This is the best I can come up with: http://tech.lds.org/index.php?option=co ... 1&Itemid=5

It was an article posted on the LDS Tech main page when LDS Account was first announced.
FullmerCB
Church Employee
Church Employee

News for international Church members

Post by FullmerCB »

MorettiDP wrote:OK, but have you any news for international Church members???

Glad you asked. We are working to replace LUWs with a better calendar, ward directory, leadership directory, messaging system, etc - both to enhance them and to enable us to roll them out in other languages & areas of the world. While I can't tell you when you'll have it in your area, the community of member-volunteer-programmers is already helping us to design & develop the new versions of these LUW apps. Visit this wiki to learn more: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page (click on the Home Teaching Application link under the "Current Projects" box on the left).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Uh, are you making a formal announcement? :D
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AileneRHerrick

Thanks!

Post by AileneRHerrick »

mkmurray wrote:This is the best I can come up with: http://tech.lds.org/index.php?option=co ... 1&Itemid=5

It was an article posted on the LDS Tech main page when LDS Account was first announced.

Thank you!
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

dmaynes wrote:How is this going to affect the current registered users? Will they be required to re-enroll and obtain an LDS Account? (I know having multiple credentials is annoying, but I hope that I don't have to run an enrollment campaign to switch all the users.)

That's a good question Dennis. I'd like to explain to my ward members how the switchover will work. I'm sure that the Church will likely write up an article about it for everyone's reference!
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

AileneRHerrick wrote:That's a good question Dennis. I'd like to explain to my ward members how the switchover will work. I'm sure that the Church will likely write up an article about it for everyone's reference!
The question has been answered by Tyler in my opinion. Right now, this login page that uses LDS Account is a beta testing page and not required to get into the LUWS websites. However, at some point in the future, that beta login will become the real login. When that happens, if you enter your old credentials, it will guide you through the process of getting a new LDS Account. When they switch the login to the new one, if you don't get the new LDS Account, I don't think you will be able to get in. But from what I see, the Church has created a very simple experience to guide you through obtaining a new LDS Account.

And the most wonderful part of all is that you don't have to go find your Record Number and Confirmation Data again, if you let the system guide you through obtaining an LDS Account; but again, the only way to get that is to attempt to login with your old credentials, because that's the only way the system can first verify you in the old system, migrate some of your information from the old system to the new system, and guide you through selecting a username under the new system.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”