Introduction to LDS Account

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
JCMASON4-p40

Post by JCMASON4-p40 »

I don't see how LDS Accounts is ready for release. :mad:

The help system is extremely poor. The system locks you out for days - with no recourse except trying to use a help desk that has an extremely poor response time.

The help system automatically generates an email response with an invalid link to your case (I assume it's an internal link that is being exposed to the end-user. So it will never work).

I sign up for new web accounts several times a week. I have never experience the problems I have with LDS accounts. Which is really unfortunate since I use my Stake/Ward website on almost a daily basis.

I clearly made the mistake of thinking that LDS Accounts was working since it was advertised to me on my log in. What a mistake.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JCMASON4 wrote:I don't see how LDS Accounts is ready for release. :mad:
We can appreciate your concerns for any difficulties you may have, or are, experiencing. Those of us in these forums, including most of the moderators, are also users of the web sites and programs and are here to discuss issues and provide recommended solutions when we can. You may want to review the purpose of the LDS Tech forumsand the Code of Conduct (CoC) before making any posts. Following the CoC will ensure your post is contributing to a positive experience for yourself and others.

In order for the rest of us to help we need more specifics about any problems or issues you may have. With that said, could you be more specific about your statements?
JCMASON4 wrote:The help system is extremely poor.
What aspects of the help system is extremely poor? What guidance was, or was not provided, that could be different?
JCMASON4 wrote:The system locks you out for days...
What were the steps you had taken before the system locked you out? What system where you locked out of? If it was the LUWS, did you try to sign in using your old LUWS credentials? What steps did you take after you were locked out?
JCMASON4 wrote:...[T]rying to use a help desk that has an extremely poor response time.
What help desk did you contact? How did you contact them? How long did it take for them to give you a response?
JCMASON4 wrote:The help system automatically generates an email response with an invalid link to your case (I assume it's an internal link that is being exposed to the end-user. So it will never work).
I don't know what you are talking about here. Could you provide some more information?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
gawing

Post by gawing »

Has anyone put anything together that they are using as an insert in the Sunday program/bulletin that they could share?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

gawing wrote:Has anyone put anything together that they are using as an insert in the Sunday program/bulletin that they could share?
You're referring to an effort to preemptively educate the ward members about the new sign-on system?

There was a small discussion similar to this in another thread starting at this post:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?p=23792

My response to the post directly follows with a link to an article written by a Church employee explaining what LDS Account is. It is text you could probably use in an insert created for a Sunday program or bulletin.
gawing

Post by gawing »

Thanks mkmurray, but it's a little generic. I was hoping someone had already put together some info from that page, along with the instructions earlier in this post. That's fine. I'll get the ward web site administrator to put something together for our program.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

gawing wrote:Thanks mkmurray, but it's a little generic. I was hoping someone had already put together some info from that page, along with the instructions earlier in this post. That's fine. I'll get the ward web site administrator to put something together for our program.

This is basically what I put on our website... it could probably be altered a little bit to be a bulletin insert.

------------------------

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is transitioning to an easier way to log in to Church related websites. By using LDS Account, you will be able to use one username and password (instead of multiple separate ones) to access sites such as FamilySearch.org and the Stake and Ward Websites. To read more about LDS Account, visit this webpage (this was a link to the article posted on LDS Tech).

To obtain a free LDS Account:
  1. Visit https://secure.lds.org/units
  2. Log in with your current credentials.
  3. A screen will be displayed telling you that you have a certain number of days before your user account will expire.
  4. Click on “Register Now”.
  5. Your Church record information will be prefilled, and the screen will show a name and birth date, and ask, “Is This You?” If it is, click “Yes”
  6. Enter your email address. Double check it and make sure it is correct. You’ll need your email address if you forget your password
  7. Select your country and preferred language, then click “Next Step”
  8. Enter your desired username and password
  9. Review the Conditions of Use. If you accept them, click “I Accept”
  10. Review your account information. Print, if desired
  11. Click “Create Account”
  12. Check your email (the one that you provided to LDS Account)
  13. Open the email sent to you from LDSAccount@ldschurch.org
  14. Click on the link in your email.
  15. Click “Continue” in the new window that pops up.
  16. Your Registration is complete!
You may edit your profile information at any time by returning to http://ldsaccount.lds.org

--------------------------

Anyone who did not already have a username and password set up for the website would need their membership number and confirmation date, and they could create an LDS Account by going to http://ldsaccount.lds.org

I hope this gives you a good starting point, at least!
dotbody

Document to help members use their LDS Account

Post by dotbody »

I created the following 1-page document to help members use their LDS Account (Open Office & PDF):

http://lds.andymott.com/DOCS/LDS_ACCOUNT_INFO.odt (36kb)
http://lds.andymott.com/DOCS/LDS_ACCOUNT_INFO.pdf (26kb)

Feel free to use these as appropriate. I've been distributing these to ward families, as well as including them in our new member packets.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”