Baby/Child Blessing Form on LCR

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Baby/Child Blessing Form on LCR

Post by jdlessley »

chokl8bear wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:52 pm As EQP can I get access to Baby Blessing certificates?
Access is limited to certain callings. Only the bishopric, executive secretary, assistant executive secretary, ward clerk, assistant ward clerk, assistant ward clerk - membership can print certificates. Printing includes viewing certificates.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lhippen

Post by lhippen »

jdlessley wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:15 pm It is in LCR > Membership > Create New Record. From there you can print out a blank form by clicking the Blank Create Record Form (seven or younger) link. Or you can fill in the name, gender, and birth date and then click the link for a partially completed form.
Am I missing something, or is this form no longer available in LCR? I know I printed a couple of copies about six months ago, but following the link now to Create New Record for me only pulls up the fields to enter the parents information with no option to get a blank form.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lhippen wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:56 pm Am I missing something, or is this form no longer available in LCR? I know I printed a couple of copies about six months ago, but following the link now to Create New Record for me only pulls up the fields to enter the parents information with no option to get a blank form.
There are two tabs on the Create Record page, Create Record and Pending New Records. It sounds like there was a pending new record and you ended up on that tab.

Anomalous things happen when the Church website cookies build up. If you didn't have an errant mouse click to end up where you did then try using incognito/private window to rule out a cookie issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

It's not a cookie issue. The software has apparently been changed to make it less user friendly. You have to go to create a record and eventually the form will pull up after you put in the head of household, and at least a date of birth for the child, which by the way they are asking for as mm/dd/yyyy, which is totally out of character with what Church systems used to and should ask for. If you are being proactive and printing the form prior to birth, you must dummy in a birth date, or the link to the form does not appear. Actually I see you can print a blank form, but not without a date of birth for the child. You can skip the head of house and name of the child, but only the date of birth triggers the link to the form.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

garystroble wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:18 pm It's not a cookie issue. The software has apparently been changed to make it less user friendly. You have to go to create a record and eventually the form will pull up after you put in the head of household ...
I don't see any change in the web page design that has been in its current form for a number of years. The form, Blank Create Record Form (seven or younger) link (the one needed for the topic of this thread) is available at the bottom of the LCR > Membership > Create Record page along with two other forms, Blank Create Record Form (eight or older with spouse or children) and Blank Create Record Form (eight or older without spouse or children) links. No data needs to be entered to print the blank forms.

A new record form can be printed with the Individual Information section completed by starting to enter the name, gender and birth date. Once that is entered, additional data/questions the system needs for the appropriate form based on the birth date will need to be filled in. For a baby blessing the parent/guardian permission question and the birth location is the only additional data necessary to print the partially completed form. Once the "Continue" button becomes active then click the "Print Create Record Form" button. If the "Continue" button is clicked then the system will continue the record creation process and the form will not be available.
JD Lessley
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

What you described used to be there for many years. It is not there now for me. Perhaps it is a weekend server issue and once it is kicked hard Monday things will be back to normal. Or not.

Your August 2023 link is not working either at this point, at least not here.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

garystroble wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:37 am Your August 2023 link is not working either at this point, at least not here.
I tried the link and got access errors the first time and then got server errors. After waiting a while the link worked. So it looks like there may be temporary problems. But access to the document may require membership edit permissions.
JD Lessley
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

jdlessley wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:15 pm I tried the link and got access errors the first time and then got server errors. After waiting a while the link worked. So it looks like there may be temporary problems. But access to the document may require membership edit permissions.
I can confirm the referenced Aug 2023 link also works for me. That said, there may be ongoing access problems, but it does appear to be a valid location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

I am the ward clerk. The link does not work for me still. But there seemed to be cascading server failures over the weekend in Utah which have yet to resolve.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

This is all I currently see under Create a Record. The sign in and main content tabs are bogus. They do not appear on my screen there and I am already signed in to LCR.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 19-09-07 Create Record.png

Return to “Reports and Forms”