Contacting Membership Support

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Contacting Membership Support

Post by drepouille »

I know we can use MLS to send messages to the membership and financial support folks. Is there now, or will there be in the future a way to do this via LCR?

I have learned of the death of a "lost sheep" member in another state, and want to ensure her membership record is updated.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
bballrob

Re: Contacting Membership Support

Post by bballrob »

Depending on your calling, you may also have access to the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. If so, you can find the contact information for the bishopric, ward executive secretary, and ward clerk of any unit.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

bballrob wrote:Depending on your calling, you may also have access to the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. If so, you can find the contact information for the bishopric, ward executive secretary, and ward clerk of any unit.
Well, I know where she lived, but I don't know where her membership record resides. I am a ward clerk, and I can use the Lookup tool in the Request Records function of LCR to prove that she has a membership record, but that tool does not tell me the unit that currently has her membership record. I cannot assume it is held by the unit where she lived.

Even so, you are correct that I could contact the bishopric in the ward where she lived to see if they are even aware that she lived in their ward.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

drepouille wrote:I know we can use MLS to send messages to the membership and financial support folks. Is there now, or will there be in the future a way to do this via LCR?
You can also contact them via email: https://www.lds.org/help/support/record ... n?lang=eng
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It worked! I sent via email the identifying information and obituary of the deceased member to mlssupport, and to the bishop and clerk of the ward she was living in. Her record has been updated with her death information.
CarolAnnRouse

Post by CarolAnnRouse »

I'm having trouble reaching the membership Clerk at the Grass Valley California ward. I've called the office and didn't get even get an answering machine.
I'm trying to find my membership number and baptism records.
[Personal information redacted. This is a public forum.]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

CarolAnnRouse wrote:I'm having trouble reaching the membership Clerk at the Grass Valley California ward. I've called the office and didn't get even get an answering machine.
Office phones at meetinghouses rarely have answering machines attached. If you will call the phone number of the bishop, he will give you the information or the number for the ward clerk.
candacestewart

Post by candacestewart »

I have received duplicate reimbursement payments for the same request. I have informed my ward clerk. Is there a phone call I can make to inform headquarters?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

candacestewart wrote:I have received duplicate reimbursement payments for the same request. I have informed my ward clerk. Is there a phone call I can make to inform headquarters?
Your ward clerk should instruct you to refund the excess payment using a paper Tithing an Other Offerings slip. In the Other section of the slip write-in the category the funds came from and the amount. No contact with headquarters is necessary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
larryb10

Post by larryb10 »

I have paid tithing for 78 years............ now i can not even sign to my lds account to pay tithung or any thing else has the church been hacked last month i had no problem with this sight

Return to “Membership Help”