Tithing and Donation Problems

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing and Donation Problems

Post by russellhltn »

janinembasulgan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:17 am Why my tithing and donations for february 24, 2022 are not posted?
I'd suggest you involve your ward clerk. He may need to call support. This is a user to user forum and we don't have the power to look into your situation. Unless others have experienced the same problem, it's unlikely you'll find an answer here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Clarimer

Post by Clarimer »

Good morning,
Is there any way that when we pay our tithing it can reflect the withdrawal immediately in our bank account summary? It always takes 3 days for the money to finally be withdrawn and if it could reflect in our bank account immediately as “pending” then we would have an easier time balancing our spending. My issue is that I pay my tithing online first before anything else, and by the time 3 days rolls around my bank account is already low in funds after all the bills (even though I try and pay my tithing first before anything else). This creates a deficit in the bank account when the money is finally taken out which the bank then charges a fee. Paying tithing already is a sacrifice of resources (gas, rent, and food ARENT getting any cheaper), so is there not a better way the church can make the payment go through faster or at least reflect the impending withdrawal? I know this isn’t a “you” problem and I could just pay tithing with cash, but when I get cash it gets left in my vehicle for weeks because I forget to pay it and I eventually need it for something else. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Clarimer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:02 am Is there any way that when we pay our tithing it can reflect the withdrawal immediately in our bank account summary?
This is primarily a user-to-user forum. There's not much we can do about it. You can submit your suggestion using the Feedback link at the bottom of each page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Clarimer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:02 amIs there any way that when we pay our tithing it can reflect the withdrawal immediately in our bank account summary? ... Paying tithing already is a sacrifice of resources (gas, rent, and food ARENT getting any cheaper), so is there not a better way the church can make the payment go through faster or at least reflect the impending withdrawal?
The Church can't control how long it takes for the transactions to show up in your bank account. Debit card transactions show up as a hold on your account very quickly because of the way the transactions are processed through the payment networks. ACH transactions (the type used for transfers to the Church) take longer to work their way through the banking system.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Clarimer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:02 am ... is there not a better way the church can make the payment go through faster or at least reflect the impending withdrawal?
As already mentioned, the issue is not with the Church or with the bank that the church uses. The time it takes is dependent on your bank and their processing policies. For example, my bank completes the transaction on the same business day if I enter the transaction in the morning before 10:00 AM and will complete the transaction before 11:00 AM the next business day if I enter the transaction sometime in the afternoon, before 4:00 PM, on a business day. Weekends and holidays result in much the same as if I entered the transaction in the afternoon of the last business day.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Clarimer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:02 am ... and by the time 3 days rolls around my bank account is already low in funds after all the bills (even though I try and pay my tithing first before anything else). ...
One old-time, low-tech solution/workaround to the delay in the donation showing up in your bank account would be to maintain your own ledger, either on paper or electronically.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if there's a app, perhaps one provided by the bank, that would take into account the outstanding payments instead of just using the current bank account balance. It would also help with other outstanding obligations.

Robertspeed

Post by Robertspeed »

I am trying to help someone set up their online donation account. When I click on the donation tab I get a window that says "confirm that you are older than 13 years old" when I click on the yes button, nothing happens and the screen locks on that yes/no answer. I have waited it for a long time for it to do something, but nothing happens. What could be the problem, and how can I proceed?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Have you (or the person you're trying to help) deleted relevant cookies, cleared the browser's cache, and forced a full page reload (Shift-Control-R in some browsers)?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Robertspeed wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:49 pm I am trying to help someone set up their online donation account. When I click on the donation tab I get a window that says "confirm that you are older than 13 years old" when I click on the yes button, nothing happens and the screen locks on that yes/no answer. I have waited it for a long time for it to do something, but nothing happens. What could be the problem, and how can I proceed?
How old is the person you are helping and what country are you in?

Return to “Online Donations”