Tithing and Donation Problems

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
garystroble

Re: Tithing and Donation Problems

Post by garystroble »

You possibly could have what you are experiencing happen if the person does not already have a church log in account tied to their membership number. Perhaps that has to be established first. The fact the system is asking the person's age is a hint to me that the system might not be recognizing them yet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Robertspeed wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:49 pm When I click on the donation tab I get a window that says "confirm that you are older than 13 years old" when I click on the yes button, nothing happens and the screen locks on that yes/no answer.
I remember some people indicating that you have to disable any pop-up blockers for certain church webpages to work. Your description does sound like it could be a blocked pop-up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You might also make sure this person has their membership record number attached to their Member Account.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:54 am I remember some people indicating that you have to disable any pop-up blockers for certain church webpages to work. Your description does sound like it could be a blocked pop-up.
In some/many/most browsers, it's possible to specify exceptions so that the browser will allow pop-ups for some sites but not for any others. I have exceptions specified for familysearch.org but not for the Church website itself. I use online donations in Firefox ESR with no difficulties.
etherington123

Post by etherington123 »

For some reason the website is not letting me reach the donation page because of some error please help
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

etherington123 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:37 am For some reason the website is not letting me reach the donation page because of some error please help
It is working for me at this time. If you are still having problems, suggest you clear your cookies and cache and try again. Church web sites sometimes have issues with cookie issues.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

garystroble wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:31 am
etherington123 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:37 am For some reason the website is not letting me reach the donation page because of some error please help
It is working for me at this time. If you are still having problems, suggest you clear your cookies and cache and try again. Church web sites sometimes have issues with cookie issues.
If the error condition continues after clearing cache and deleting cookies, please tell us exactly (preferably by copy-paste if it's text) what the error message says.
sallygunnell

Post by sallygunnell »

I live in the USA and my deceased husband and I always paid tithing on our gross income. Should I now tithe the social security I receive?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

sallygunnell wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:55 pm I live in the USA and my deceased husband and I always paid tithing on our gross income. Should I now tithe the social security I receive?
From an earlier post in this thread: Please see this page: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... s?lang=eng If that does not resolve the question for you, please counsel with your bishop or branch president.
rexbrucebushman

Post by rexbrucebushman »

Do members pay tithing on social security?

Rex Bushman

Return to “Online Donations”