Tithing and Donation Problems

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing and Donation Problems

Post by russellhltn »

tendercare wrote:i live in the United States and receive social security. i always paid tithes on my gross income that i earned. Do I need to pay tithes my social security income?
In addition to the link above, you can discuss this with your bishop/branch president.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
genie692

Post by genie692 »

My June 2021 donation was posted on my account and my husband's account. How do we correct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

genie692 wrote:My June 2021 donation was posted on my account and my husband's account. How do we correct.
Was there two donations with two withdrawals, or is the one donation also visible on your husband's account?

From the donation FAQs:
Why can’t I see my spouse’s donations when I log in to the Donations page?

For legal and privacy reasons, donations are recorded under individual membership records. However, your spouse can authorize you to see his or her donations. To authorize your spouse to view your donations, click Settings. In the “Preferences” section, check the box that says Allow spouse to view my donations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hapr27

Post by hapr27 »

I pay every pay check then I looked on donation history and it doesn’t show any payments the last 3 times . That’s a lot of money to me and very frustrating!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hapr27 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:09 pm I pay every pay check then I looked on donation history and it doesn’t show any payments the last 3 times . That’s a lot of money to me and very frustrating!
How did you pay? It will only show up if you donated from the same account, or your in-person donation was matched to your membership record.

carolyn2000

Post by carolyn2000 »

My husband passed away on July 24, 2021. I would like to get a statement if his church donations for 2021. I have tried on make a donation but his password will not work. I tried changing it but cannot do that. I can ser his membership record but that is all. I got on the help forum but no luck. My bishop is also trying.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

carolyn2000 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:56 pm My husband passed away on July 24, 2021. I would like to get a statement if his church donations for 2021.
You'll need to work with the ward clerk.

carolyn2000 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:56 pmI have tried on make a donation but his password will not work. I tried changing it but cannot do that. I can ser his membership record but that is all.
Assuming his membership number was tied to his account, the account was deactivated as soon as the clerk recorded his death.

But the ward financial system should have a record of all the donations in 2021 and should be able to give you at least a listing (but not an official tax statement - those won't be ready until end of January.)

getkatej

Post by getkatej »

Hi,
Tithing for October shows up that we have paid it, but it has not come out of our bank account yet. My Father is haveing the same problem. He paid his tithing online a few weeks ago and according to the records it has been paid, yet as of today it has not come out of his bank account.

Please advise.

Sincerely,
Kathryn Martin
Last edited by getkatej on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

getkatej wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:21 pm Tithing for October shows up that we have paid it, but it has not come out of our bank account yet. My Father is haveing the same problem. He paid his tithing online a few weeks ago and according to the records it has been paid, yet as of today it has not come out of his bank account.
The forum is primarily user-to-user support. There's nothing we can do to fix this. You'll need to work with your ward clerk/ward finance clerk. It's possible they may choose to pass along the phone number for support.

janinembasulgan

Post by janinembasulgan »

Why my tithing and donations for february 24, 2022 are not posted?

Return to “Online Donations”