FSY Registration

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
smsmitty09

Re: FSY Registration

Post by smsmitty09 »

I have been trying to register my children on and off all day for FSY, but I cannot get past the "Youth Information" page. I can see that I need to upload a photo of my child, but nothing happens when I click "edit" to add a photo. I have tried copying and pasting an image and dropping a photo, but neither works. I have tried to move on and click "Next" to go to the next page, but it will not allow me to continue without a photo. Has anyone else run into this bizarre issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

smsmitty09 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:01 pm I can see that I need to upload a photo of my child, but nothing happens when I click "edit" to add a photo.
You might try Private/Incognito mode. Church webpages have a known issue with "Cookie buildup".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmatefteller

FSY registration.

Post by rmatefteller »

Please help! No one has any answers, after getting kicked off 7 times while waiting for a reg space, I can select the date I want but then I just get the please wait loading circle. Until the computer eventually kicks you out from hours. I have been attempting to do this for over a day.
How is there not a support line or place to email?
Peter.T.Bonney

FSY Registration

Post by Peter.T.Bonney »

For some reason when I try to sign up for a session it says "A problem occurred creating your enrollment. Please reload the page and try again." I refresh and it says the same thing, why?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When doing a normal page refresh, also known as a soft refresh, the page is reloaded from the cache on your computer. Try a hard refresh which ignores the cache and requests a new set of pages from the server, which ensures any updates are reflected. If cookies are at issue, which frequently happens with Church websites, then, as stated in post 22 of this thread, try the browser Private/Incognito mode. This loads the page with all new cookies and new pages from the server.

There may be other back-end issues that you have no control over other than to try again later on, or on another day.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
JeffreyHamaker

Post by JeffreyHamaker »

We had trouble registering for fsy until we switched from safari to google chrome. Once we switched to Chrome we were able to register immediately.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

JeffreyHamaker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:22 am We had trouble registering for fsy until we switched from safari to google chrome. Once we switched to Chrome we were able to register immediately.
If I'm informed correctly, the Church's developers use Chrome as their primary testing vehicle, so your advice is probably very valid.
galeait

Post by galeait »

Trying to register my son for FSY yet it takes so long to try and get him registered. Is there someone I can speak with to finalize his registration?Please advise
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Is there someone I can speak with to finalize his registration? Please advise
The following post suggested trying to use the phone number listed in the FSY FAQ. Nobody has posted here since then, with any results from trying to contact that number. I'd try that.
KaihiKimokeo

Post by KaihiKimokeo »

This is for 2024. The website is not allowing me to select a session in our laie Hawaii FSY. It just says “please wait” but forever.

Return to “Main Church Website”