EPSON Projector wireless adapter - anyone using

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
kreeve

EPSON Projector wireless adapter - anyone using

Post by kreeve »

Epson makes a wireless adapter for the Epson issued projectors. Anyone have it and using it? Does it work over LDS ACCESS?

There is a nice mobile app that allows you to be a moderator of the projector. I am testing it now with the wired LAN connection on the projector and using my iphone through LDS access. I can connect to the projector and do AV Mute, turn it on and off, and select source etc.

This could be my answer to remote AV Mute of the projector during leadership training sessions when GA's present and use tablets etc.

Kevin
YSA 4th Stake
Logan, UT
seanhyte

Re: EPSON Projector wireless adapter - anyone using

Post by seanhyte »

I’ve never used the Epson wireless adapter, but I do use Miracast technology. If I remember right in looking into the Epson wireless and app, the Epson app only lets you project certain material like a photo image or a PowerPoint document, but won’t project a whole screen and does not work with Video or Audio. It’s control of the Epson projector though seems cool.

I use a Microsoft Wireless Display adapter for my Windows Surface 3, which uses Miracast technology and works great. It’s nice to be able to project my whole computer screen so I can show whatever content needed to be projected including audio and video. Also, Miracast technology uses its own Wi-Fi, so you don’t even need to be in a location that has Wi-Fi for it to work.
https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/e ... /p3q-00001

The only issue with Miracast technology is that it is not compatible with Apple products. The device you use needs to have Miracast built-in and I’m only aware of certain Windows and Android products that use it.

I have seen some devices out there that say they are Miracast and Apple AirPlay compatible, but never used them before and not sure how stable they are.
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

Now that is a great small miracast device.
Thanks for sharing.

You are correct about the Epson app. I want to use it for remote control of the projector, mainly AV Mute.

Until two weeks ago all of my presenters including stake president and visiting area 70's have all shown up with iPads. One speaker at our stake women's conference had a high resolution PC.

Thanks again.

Kevin
YSA Stake
Logan, UT
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

I have been wondering about adding in the wireless adapter on our Epson projectors to hopefully lower the need for alot of adapters/dongles and hopefully allow Apple products to wireless display. Sounds like the Epson iProject app will help for iOS and Android devices. It also sounds like the wireless adapter for the projector creates a mini network, so you don't need to be on the building wifi to project.

I was able to use my Actiontec Screenbeam mini 2 miracast/ Intel WiDi receiver at our last stake conference to connect a Surface Pro 4.
I have also used it with my Windows 10 phone (works the best), my new convertible Windows 10 laptop (good as well) and then my Andriod 5.x (lollipop?) device (works ok) Might work better with newer android 6 and 7 devices.
http://www.screenbeam.com/products/screenbeam-mini2/ There are other Actiontec /Screenbeam receivers for other needs including one with an USB adapter for those who don't current have miracast on their device.

I am very interested as well to see if Epson Projector wireless adapter works well.
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

Instead of buying the Epson Wireless adapter $75.00 - I have purchased this travel router ~$45 and it can turn into a WAP with the wired ethernet going to the projector.
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless ... dpSrc=srch

Then I have my own private wifi for using the Epson AV app to do the projector mute etc. I have used this a couple of times. I have had sometimes when the Epson AV app on an iPhone appears to lose connection to the projector during the meeting. If I quit the iOS Epson app and reload and connect to projector again, it works. Not sure what is going on. Might be just too much RF in the chapel with everyone's pocket devices.

I am doing all I can do avoid the blue projector screen between speakers in conference meetings etc. Makes it a less distracting event. Goal is to make the AV pretty much invisible.

Kevin

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”