View Boundaries in maps.lds.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: View Boundaries in maps.lds.org

Post by russellhltn »

Gimpy wrote:It doesn't show the boundaries at all. Very disappointed and frustrated.
maps.lds.org does indeed show boundaries, but you must be logged in as a member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

jonesrk wrote:
russellhltn wrote: For unit leaders, there's also CDOL. I'm not sure as classic LDS Maps is still available. At least, I'm not able to find the link.
It is still there. In the current maps it is an option under the grid icon in the bottom right corner.
How does one go about getting a grid icon in the bottom right corner? I don’t have one, and I’d like to view the boundary for the mission that covers where I live. There’s also nothing in the CDOL.

BTW, I was a ward clerk ten years ago and a regular user of this forum, even though I’m being portrayed as a new member. :-)

Terry Sackett
EQ Secretary, Desert Inn Ward
Las Vegas Nevada East Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TerrySackett wrote:How does one go about getting a grid icon in the bottom right corner?
Good question. I see it even if I'm not logged in, so I don't think it's calling dependent. You might try using Chrome or at least something Chromium-based. I think that engine tends to be more reliable on church sites.
TerrySackett wrote:There’s also nothing in the CDOL.
I beg to differ. I pulled up your stake in CDOL, used "Associated Organizations" to pull up the mission, and found the map in a toolbar-like space on the top.

In addition, you might want to check out directory-beta.lds.org which is the next gen directory and map combined.
TerrySackett wrote:BTW, I was a ward clerk ten years ago and a regular user of this forum, even though I’m being portrayed as a new member. :-)
"New" is based on post count, not join date (which is also shown).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

russellhltn wrote:
TerrySackett wrote:How does one go about getting a grid icon in the bottom right corner?
Good question. I see it even if I'm not logged in, so I don't think it's calling dependent. You might try using Chrome or at least something Chromium-based. I think that engine tends to be more reliable on church sites.
TerrySackett wrote:There’s also nothing in the CDOL.
I beg to differ. I pulled up your stake in CDOL, used "Associated Organizations" to pull up the mission, and found the map in a toolbar-like space on the top.

In addition, you might want to check out directory-beta.lds.org which is the next gen directory and map combined.
TerrySackett wrote:BTW, I was a ward clerk ten years ago and a regular user of this forum, even though I’m being portrayed as a new member. :-)
"New" is based on post count, not join date (which is also shown).
Okay, thanks. I’m not good enough at separating quotes at this level, so I won’t try. :lol:

Regarding Chrome: that’s my default browser, so I think I opened the map in LDS Tools, which went to Google Maps. I’ll try it again.

I’ll also try the next gen directory.

I used the search box in the CDOL to search for the mission as an organization three different ways, and came up with no results each time. I’ll look for Associated Organizations this time.

The new member thing is no big deal. I’m pretty sure that I logged in under a different user name or e-mail address back then. I just mentioned it because it was amusing to me and to lend a little credibility to my usage experience, which I know isn’t important. :D

Thanks again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TerrySackett wrote:which went to Google Maps.
I can't tell you the number of times I've typed "maps", see the URL complete, and end up at maps.google.com instead of maps.lds.org.

terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

russellhltn wrote:
TerrySackett wrote:which went to Google Maps.
I can't tell you the number of times I've typed "maps", see the URL complete, and end up at maps.google.com instead of maps.lds.org.
:lol:

Well, the CDOL is a bust. I didn’t see earlier that there’s a notice to me that says that my positions don’t allow me to view the directory. I just remembered that the last time I used it was when I was either the EQ president or ward asst. clerk over finances, but that was three years ago, at least.

I tried the next gen directory, but it says it’s currently experiencing problems. Maybe it’s because I’m using my mobile right now on account o’ I’m too lazy to go downstairs to my PC at the moment! :lol:
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

I’ve tried a few times over the past six days to view the maps beta site, but I just keep getting a message that say “We’re having problems right now. Please try again later.”
Attachments
B4B7B09C-4DBA-4E12-9813-8297C6A4C385.png
(524.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TerrySackett wrote:I’ve tried a few times over the past six days to view the maps beta site, but I just keep getting a message that say “We’re having problems right now. Please try again later.”
It's working for me. That suggests your unit may have data problems. I'd use the feedback link to report it.

terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

russellhltn wrote:It's working for me. That suggests your unit may have data problems. I'd use the feedback link to report it.
Okay, thanks. Knowing my unit as I do, I don’t think anyone will be jumping at the chance to look into it. I submitted an issue to my stake 11 years ago about the address of our building being entered incorrectly and therefore not showing up in Google Maps in the right place. It was never dealt with. Easier that way, I guess. :roll:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The "feedback" link doesn't go to your unit. It would go to a developer at church headquarters to figure out why it's not working. Data that causes programs to blow up is a programming problem. Incorrect data is a unit problem.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”