View Boundaries in maps.lds.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
taylord12

Re: View Boundaries in maps.lds.org

Post by taylord12 »

... South ... W. Rexburg Idaho Hyde park apartments

[Moderator edit: Removed specific parts of street/mailing address.]
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please remember that this is a public discussion forum. Please don't post specific contact information, and please don't expect posting here will necessarily produce any specific result.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

taylord12 wrote:... South ... W. Rexburg Idaho Hyde park apartments

[Moderator edit: Removed specific parts of street/mailing address.]
If you will enter your street address here: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/maps/meetinghouses you will see the ward, meeting time, building location, and contact information for the bishop.
cierrabrooke

Post by cierrabrooke »

A 2020 update, if you're looking for stake, mission, temple, or area boundaries, you want to visit the classic site. Since the Church migrated domains it's now https://classic.churchofjesuschrist.org/maps. Like the screenshot in the thread, you can navigate here by clicking the little grid of 9 boxes to the right of the help button, in the lower right corner of the current Church maps site. Hope you find what you're looking for! :)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

cierrabrooke wrote:Since the Church migrated domains it's now https://classic.churchofjesuschrist.org/maps. Like the screenshot in the thread, you can navigate here by clicking the little grid of 9 boxes to the right of the help button, in the lower right corner of the current Church maps site.
The link to the classic maps tool app is correct. The method to navigate to that tool app needs clarification. The "current Church maps site" is the Meetinghouse Locator menu item link or Find a Church menu item link, depending on the menu displayed on the churchofjesuschrist.org site.

If My Account and Ward is displayed as the main menu link on churchofjesuschrist.org then the sub menu item after clicking My Account and Ward is Meetinghouse Locator under the third column titled Tools and Support. If the menu bar on churchofjesuschrist.org displays the Search icon (magnifying glass), Tools icon (grid of nine squares), and My Account icon (head bust) in the far right side then the menu item is Find a Church after clicking the Tools icon. When the tool page opens it is titled Find a Meetinghouse or Ward.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dimondb

Post by dimondb »

I like to view the boundry map of the wards in post falls id i dont think the were devided up fairly barbara dimond
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dimondb wrote:I like to view the boundry map of the wards in post falls id i dont think the were devided up fairly
The post before yours tells you how to access the maps. The stake president would send any recommendations for changes in boundaries to the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve, so you would need to discuss any boundary concerns you may have with your stake president.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that without membership information, it would be impossible to determine if it was "fair". While the boundaries lines are based on geography, the decisions are made based on the number of active members as well as the leadership material in each area. The idea is to insure that each unit has enough leaders and members to function. That can mean cutting up a strong area to bolster a weaker area.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
todd.peacock

Post by todd.peacock »

Vernal, Utah 5th ward
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

todd.peacock wrote:Vernal, Utah 5th ward
The forum doesn't work that way. You'll have to use the instructions and tips in the thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”