Class Memembers not visable to sunday school teachers

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
mburrie

Class Memembers not visable to sunday school teachers

Post by mburrie »

Interesting question. Im an executive Secretary of a ward here in the valley. We have a few primary and sunday school teachers that cant view their classes from the tools app. If I log in I can see each teacher and class but they can not see the class they have stewardship over?
alandd

Re: Class Memembers not visable to sunday school teachers

Post by alandd »

I found this problem with one of our Sunday School teachers today. She didn't have access to the roll of her youth class.

How do we get access to the list of class members for our teachers?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

alandd wrote:I found this problem with one of our Sunday School teachers today. She didn't have access to the roll of her youth class.
Sunday School teachers do not have access to this functionality.
alandd

Post by alandd »

scgallafent wrote:
alandd wrote:I found this problem with one of our Sunday School teachers today. She didn't have access to the roll of her youth class.
Why not?

In the case where I saw this, the teacher is fairly new to the class and felt embarrassed that she did not know the names of the youth students yet. I was surprised and embarrassed that she could not see the list on her phone.

Are we to go wonderfully electronic except for class rosters? How does that make sense?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

alandd wrote:
scgallafent wrote:
Why not?
I have not been involved in the discussions, so I don't know what the reasoning was for this decision.
alandd

Post by alandd »

scgallafent wrote: I have not been involved in the discussions, so I don't know what the reasoning was for this decision.
Please pass feedback to the proper people that teachers need access to class rosters. And please ask, if class rosters are not to be supplied to the teachers via LDS Tools, what is the for teachers to see their class rosters?

Thank you for the support!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

alandd wrote:
scgallafent wrote: I have not been involved in the discussions, so I don't know what the reasoning was for this decision.
Please pass feedback to the proper people that teachers need access to class rosters. And please ask, if class rosters are not to be supplied to the teachers via LDS Tools, what is the for teachers to see their class rosters?
Please submit this feedback using the feedback link in Leader and Clerk Resources. There is a blue link to provide feedback at the bottom right of each page.

Class rolls can be printed from Leader and Clerk Resources. Look for Attendance Rolls under the Reports menu in LCR.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

scgallafent wrote:Class rolls can be printed from Leader and Clerk Resources. Look for Attendance Rolls under the Reports menu in LCR.
To clarify, Sunday School presidency members have access to print rolls from Leader and Clerk Resources – they can be printed and given to teachers.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can't say why the teachers don't have access, but in similar situations the answer has been the division of duties. Perhaps attendance is the Sunday School Presidency's responsibility.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:
scgallafent wrote:Class rolls can be printed from Leader and Clerk Resources. Look for Attendance Rolls under the Reports menu in LCR.
To clarify, Sunday School presidency members have access to print rolls from Leader and Clerk Resources – they can be printed and given to teachers.
Thanks for that clarification.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”