Adding non-member to household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Adding non-member to household

Post by sbradshaw »

Nothing's wrong with having membership audit exceptions, as long as you're doing your best to keep everything complete and up-to-date. Per the audit instructions, a married member without her marriage recorded is an exception. Concluding with the bishop that you're unable to update the record is a valid resolution to the exception.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I'm also a counselor to the Bishop and I often counsel the Bishop that it might not be in the Church's best interest to have clerks search for information that the member has stated they don't want to share. There have been times when the Bishop gives marching orders contrary to a counselors suggestion, but most often he agrees.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wrigjef wrote:. . . it might not be in the Church's best interest to have clerks search for information that the member has stated they don't want to share.
This is often true and I would not spend too much time at it. But a marriage is a matter of public record and many of those records are online now. So I usually do a quick check if I have some idea of the location.
roberpowel

Post by roberpowel »

I have a similar problem. What happens with the form once it is properly completed???
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

According to the brother I talked to on the help line, the form is simply a way of getting the appropriate information. It really doesn't need the signatures or to be filed. Once the form is filled out with the required information the clerk simply uses the information to create the record in the system.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

"Forms containing ordinance information should be kept for one year after the date of the ordinance and then destroyed."
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jeffbroomhead

Post by jeffbroomhead »

We have a non-member spouse who wishes to be on our auto-emailing lists to the priesthood brethren. is there a way to put his email address in his husband information and then have it picked up on the email listing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeffbroomhead wrote:We have a non-member spouse who wishes to be on our auto-emailing lists to the priesthood brethren. is there a way to put his email address in his husband information and then have it picked up on the email listing?
Not that I'm aware of. Does the husband show up in the directory? (Based off the marriage record of the member)? If so, can you (I assume you're a clerk) edit the contact information? I tend to doubt it, but it's worth a try. Otherwise, you're going to have to manually add the email.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dtexas95

Post by dtexas95 »

Any chance this has changed in since 2017? I have a family in our ward that has non-member children due to lack of both parents consenting. But we would like them listed on the primary and youth rolls as they are active in the youth and activity day program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dtexas95 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:37 pm Any chance this has changed in since 2017? I have a family in our ward that has non-member children due to lack of both parents consenting. But we would like them listed on the primary and youth rolls as they are active in the youth and activity day program.
No, but you may want to carefully examine the consent requirements. I can't find it for baptism, but for Member of Record (under the age of 8), if only one parent has legal custody, then only that parent's permission is needed. (33.6.2). I'd imagine that baptism would be similar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”