Ancestry and LDS Account

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
Linknut11

Re: Ancestry and LDS Account

Post by Linknut11 »

it says I don't qualify for the free account, but I am a church of jesus Christ of latter day saints
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Linknut11 wrote:it says I don't qualify for the free account, but I am a church of jesus Christ of latter day saints
Most likely your Membership Record Number isn't associated with your account. Without that, the system doesn't know that you're a member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Linknut11 wrote:it says I don't qualify for the free account, but I am a church of jesus Christ of latter day saints
You might have to register for the free account from within FamilySearch (this is what I did a couple of years ago and have not had any problems with the free account). More info here: https://partners.familysearch.org/solut ... jEAA/00082

To get there from FamilySearch:
Click on "Solutions Gallery" at the very bottom of the page
Scroll down until you see the topic "Latter-day Saints Access"
Click on the tile "Ancestry for Latter-day Saints" (note: the cursor doesn't change when hovering over the tile)
Click on the Blue "Get Started" button

Note: there are some other cool tools in the Solutions Gallery if you have time to explore...
Macholley

Post by Macholley »

I had to re create my lds account. When I tried to link it to ancestry... it says I cant... because we're i linked it before. Is there anyway to fix this??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Macholley wrote:I had to re create my lds account. When I tried to link it to ancestry... it says I cant... because we're i linked it before. Is there anyway to fix this??
How did you re-create your account? Because that's not something you can do on your own. You'd have to get support to help you move your MRN. Without the MRN, I highly doubt the Ancestry link will work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mydamuckala

Post by mydamuckala »

I am so frustrated with this free Ancestry through LDS account. What is considered "free account"? Because anyone can sign up for a "free" account with Ancestry. You don't have to be LDS. So what is included in the "free account" with LDS?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I login to Ancestry, and click my name, then Your Account, I see:
Your Membership
Church of Jesus Christ-Ancestry Membership ACTIVE
When I searched the online help, I found:
Free memberships to Ancestry are available to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Over 99% of the 33,000 collections on Ancestry are available with the Church of Jesus Christ-Ancestry Membership.
https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/ ... Membership
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
xethington

Post by xethington »

So, I have an issue with registering with my ancestry account. I have an ancetry.com account that has none of the membership benefits. I have my MRN linked with FamilySearch, I'm connected with all the other partner websites. When I went to register with Ancetry.com a page comes up that says:

"We’re sorry, your FamilySearch account has already been linked to an account on Ancestry." My guess is for some youth activity years ago I was forced to do that with an email I don't use anymore. I want to link my current ancetry.com account to my FamilySearch account and all the benefits that come from it. Does anyone know how to fix this issue.
katienmom13

Post by katienmom13 »

My daughter has the same difficulty. No answer yet.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

xethington wrote:So, I have an issue with registering with my ancestry account. I have an ancetry.com account that has none of the membership benefits. I have my MRN linked with FamilySearch, I'm connected with all the other partner websites. When I went to register with Ancetry.com a page comes up that says:

"We’re sorry, your FamilySearch account has already been linked to an account on Ancestry." My guess is for some youth activity years ago I was forced to do that with an email I don't use anymore. I want to link my current ancetry.com account to my FamilySearch account and all the benefits that come from it. Does anyone know how to fix this issue.
You will probably have to reach out to Ancestry support. It appears the issue is with the Ancestry account, not the church account.

Return to “Family History”