Ancestry and LDS Account

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
zaneclark

Ancestry and LDS Account

Post by zaneclark »

Two questions.... Do you use your LDS Account to access Ancestory? And if so, if you change the password for your LDS Account, do you also have to change it in Ancestory, or will it automatically change to the new password?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Ancestry and LDS Account

Post by sbradshaw »

No, you can't use your LDS Account to log into Ancestry. However, you can sign up for an "LDS Member" Ancestry account by following the link from this page:
http://familysearch.org/partneraccess

The Church has an agreement with Ancestry allowing members to set up a free Ancestry account, using the link above, but your LDS Account and your Ancestry account are two separate accounts. They don't have a shared sign-in.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

You can make the sign-in credentials the same in both systems (subject to their specific requirements), but as sbradshaw noted they are not linked. If you change one, it does not automatically change the other.
themom

Post by themom »

It seems that I have less access to much of the information available on ancestry than previously. In order to get ALL of the access on ancestry do I need to subscribe for a Premium account?
bangelia28@yahoo.com

Post by bangelia28@yahoo.com »

Look up my love one
tannerLA

Post by tannerLA »

How can I log into my LDS free account? I have an account and have been using it, but for some reason I cannot remember how to get in get signed into the free account.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

tannerla wrote:How can I log into my LDS free account? I have an account and have been using it, but for some reason I cannot remember how to get in get signed into the free account.
When you go to familysearch.org and click the Sign-in link at the top right, you will be taken to the sign in page.
Below the blue Sign In button, there are links to recover your username or password.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

davesudweeks wrote:
tannerla wrote:How can I log into my LDS free account? I have an account and have been using it, but for some reason I cannot remember how to get in get signed into the free account.
When you go to familysearch.org and click the Sign-in link at the top right, you will be taken to the sign in page.
Below the blue Sign In button, there are links to recover your username or password.
These instructions are how to log into FamilySearch. Are you looking for how to log into FamilySearch, or Ancestry?

To log into Ancestry, go to Ancestry.com, then type in the username and password for your free LDS Ancestry account. After the LDS Ancestry account is set up the first time through FamilySearch, it's the same as any other Ancestry account – you don't need to go through FamilySearch to access it.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jbrandenburg

Post by jbrandenburg »

Logged into my lds.org account, logged into FamilySearch account, logged into Ancestry account, I just can't figure out how to get the free access. When I follow the links on the partner access page, it says access denied and I receive the following error: Thank you for your interest, but at this time you do not qualify for this offer. Anyone know why this might be?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jbrandenburg wrote:I just can't figure out how to get the free access.
Does your LDS Account have your membership record number attached to it?

Return to “Family History”