The gospel library app isn't opening at all.

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
65goat

Re: The gospel library app isn't opening at all.

Post by 65goat »

Upgrading iOS software proved to be adequate to restore the usefulness of the gospel app
BobJacobs

Post by BobJacobs »

True. I have an iPhone 6. As of January 20, 2022 the app wasn’t opening but would shut down quickly before opening. I deleted the app twice and reinstalled it - no luck. I can still access the gospel library through my browser but the app is completely down -
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BobJacobs wrote:the app is completely down
Have you tried to upgrade your device to iOS 15 as most of the other posts in this topic have suggested?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

BobJacobs wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:00 am True. I have an iPhone 6. As of January 20, 2022 the app wasn’t opening but would shut down quickly before opening. I deleted the app twice and reinstalled it - no luck. I can still access the gospel library through my browser but the app is completely down -
Is it an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s?

If it's an iPhone 6s, you can update to iOS 15, which should resolve the issue.

If it's an iPhone 6, iOS 12 and Gospel Library 5.12.7 are the latest versions of iOS and Gospel Library that support your device. Neither the OS nor the app has been updated recently for that version – so, I'm not sure what would have changed to cause it to start crashing – but there would be nothing the developers could do to fix it, since updates with potential fixes would only be able to come to newer devices.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
meldrumlr

Post by meldrumlr »

Today, 4 April 2022, for several days now, GL app closed within a second of my tapping it. I have an iphone 11. I have IOS 15.4.1. I powered off for 2, then for 5 minutes, but the app still closes out after 2 or 3 seconds.
My laptop app works fine.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

meldrumlr wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:57 pm Today, 4 April 2022, for several days now, GL app closed within a second of my tapping it. I have an iphone 11. I have IOS 15.4.1. I powered off for 2, then for 5 minutes, but the app still closes out after 2 or 3 seconds.
My laptop app works fine.
Are you still seeing this issue? What screen is the app on right before it closes? Is it on a chapter of content, in a study plan, in a tag, etc.?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”