The gospel library app isn't opening at all.

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
ginnybethcox

The gospel library app isn't opening at all.

Post by ginnybethcox »

The gospel library app isn't opening at all!

Do I need to uninstall it and then reinstall it? Help please!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: The gospel library app isn't opening at all.

Post by russellhltn »

What OS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jcrosenberg316

Post by jcrosenberg316 »

Mine is not opening at all either, on Windows 10 Pro. It had been working just fine up until a few days ago.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
walkupr

Post by walkupr »

How can I get the gospel library app to open on my iPad mini? It has worked perfectly for years, but no more! Can you help?
elizabethwatson

Post by elizabethwatson »

I have been using Gospel Library for years, daily. I update it when needed and it has the latest update. I keep tons of notes. I have it on my phone and my iPad and it successfully syncs these notes. On Monday when I went to open on my IPad Pro I pushed the app and the large icon comes up and covers the whole screen face but then it just goes back to desktop. I have rebooted my ipad three times. Last night I left it off all night. This morning I started it up again and still have the same problem—it won’t open. I feel like I should try deleting the app and reinstalling. Will I lose all my notes??

I’m techno challenged.

Elizabeth Watson
Lizziebug60@gmail.com
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you're stuck on the Moroni launch screen / splash screen, here are a few things you can try:
1) Restart your device. This may help free up some memory, for a faster launch.
2) Close all of your open programs by swiping them out of recent apps. This could also help free up some memory.
3) Check how much storage space you have remaining on the device. If the device is low on memory, it may be failing to download a content update.
elizabethwatson wrote:I feel like I should try deleting the app and reinstalling. Will I lose all my notes??
Deleting and reinstalling the app is something you could try, as long as you've been signed in with your LDS Account and syncing. I would recommend checking the Notes page at LDS.org first, to making sure that your most recent notes and highlights are there. If they are, you can safely delete and reinstall the app. (Note that there are a few things that aren't synced: current location in the app / screens, custom collections, settings, history, downloaded books, and downloaded media.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Aliceb39

Post by Aliceb39 »

Same thing is happening to me on my iPad. I sent an email to Support, and they told me to log out, uninstall, and reinstall. I don't like "canned" answers - how can I log out if the app doesn't launch? But I saved the data, then uninstalled and reinstalled - same problem. Then I uninstalled and turned off the iPad, turned it back on and reinstalled - same problem. I reported this to Support and a few days letter got the same "canned" answer. I have the app on my iPhone now and it seems to have synched with all my iPad bookmarks, so I am going to try deleting the app completely this time.
mivelisse

Post by mivelisse »

ginnybethcox wrote:The gospel library app isn't opening at all!

Do I need to uninstall it and then reinstall it? Help please!
Recently updated to IOS 11 and now the gospel library is not opening. I tried uninstall and reinstall; no change. Any advice?
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken quote tag
jscamposvalle

Post by jscamposvalle »

Just fixed the issue that had been bothering several days; had to update the app, so that it would go past the moroni screen. Android os, Samsung J1Ace. This is a complaint I've had for several months, that the app forces me to update or download new files to work properly.
If i don't have internet connection or don't want to use data, it should keep on working with the downloaded files, images and data, and not force me to download new information. I feel like my free will is being coerced.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”