ward directory to iphone contacts

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
spencergordon

Re: ward directory to iphone contacts

Post by spencergordon »

To follow up on this, there I just selected it under Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Notification > Turn on 'Tools'
That should work.
bschroader

Post by bschroader »

Attempted to do this today after activating app RoboKiller, an app that uses bots to answer calls from unknown callers. Sadly, my phone returns the error:

Error Enabling Extension : The data provided by Tools was invalid. You may try enabling the extension again, and if the problem persists contact the application developer.

Now I am sad. :'(
bschroader

Post by bschroader »

Attached a screenshot if this helps.
Attachments
IMG_6059.PNG
(1.36 MiB) Not downloaded yet
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

For what it's worth, it doesn't work on Android either (Android 9, Member Tools 4.4.0 beta). I submitted feedback and they provided instructions but all the settings were correct per their instructions and it still has never worked for me unless I manually enter contacts in my contact list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if success depends on the formatting of the phone number. Browsing my ward, I'm seeing xxxxxxxxxx, (xxx)xxx-xxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxx, xxx-xxxx and so on. Clearly, no standardization is being imposed on the display. I have no idea if any formatting is being imposed on what's passed to other apps, or of the apps care.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:I wonder if success depends on the formatting of the phone number. Browsing my ward, I'm seeing xxxxxxxxxx, (xxx)xxx-xxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxx, xxx-xxxx and so on. Clearly, no standardization is being imposed on the display.
That's a very good point. When I was clerk, it was a "thing" with me to have them all formatted the same so I would update them when I found any that were different. Our current clerk is much more hands-off and only makes changes when specifically requested by someone.

I wonder how we can find out if the theory is a possible root cause?
bschroader

Post by bschroader »

Makes very good sense.

In an attempt to resolve on my own, I removed the app, rebooted my phone, re-installed and tried again, but still no joy. I did open up a case CSLUS0379735 on the app.
mcallaghan

Post by mcallaghan »

This post was made more than 3.5 years ago and I just now found it and enabled the setting on my iPhone.
coryhash

Post by coryhash »

I need help!
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Don't rely on it, It has never worked well for me or my wife, we're on Android, it will maybe get the name by the time you're finished with the call and it doesn't work with text messaging, it's not a very important part of the app. - People will come on here and tell you it works for them every time and has for years, but I've never believed them :)
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Member Tools”