Gospel Library App for Mac

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
justincy

Re: Gospel Library App for Mac

Post by justincy »

sbradshaw wrote:The new "Gospel Library Online" language pages are considered "released" – so definitely send feedback about things that aren't working quite right – but they're not at a Gospel Library level yet in terms of features. For example, as of today you can only view annotations (not create them); and you can't view or create bookmarks.
This would be a great candidate for a PWA. Then you could add a local cache so that it works offline.
caloocan789

Post by caloocan789 »

I wonder if we might have more room for this possibility due to the fact that the recent Apple WWDC 2018 conference talked about porting iOS apps over to MacOS. It sounds like Apple is automating some part of the process to make the transition much easier. If so, I wonder if we can get the iOS app of Gospel Library working on MacOS. Apple is supposed to release more information about this next year, however, they are already working on the process by porting over their default news, stocks, home, and voice memos apps in Mojave.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

caloocan789 wrote:I wonder if we might have more room for this possibility due to the fact that the recent Apple WWDC 2018 conference talked about porting iOS apps over to MacOS. It sounds like Apple is automating some part of the process to make the transition much easier. If so, I wonder if we can get the iOS app of Gospel Library working on MacOS. Apple is supposed to release more information about this next year, however, they are already working on the process by porting over their default news, stocks, home, and voice memos apps in Mojave.
It's definitely something to be excited about! We'll see how much work and maintenance that will require when Apple puts out more information, and if it pans out for Gospel Library.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cpp2011

Post by cpp2011 »

I love the Gospel Library App - please please would you make the Gospel Library app for mac computers - it is so time consuming to try to find things using the LDS website. Why is this so? Surely if you want investigators to use the church website it needs to be as easy and quick to find things as on a mobile device.
caloocan789

Post by caloocan789 »

With WWDC 19 now complete, Apple announced further developments with Project Catalyst which deals with porting iOS apps over to MacOS. As mentioned before, Apple has automated the process and last year they did this with a few of their existing iOS apps like news, stocks, home, and voice memos.

Well, now Apple has released this opportunity to 3rd party developers which means we are now getting the tools from Apple with MacOS Catalina to allow for the Gospel Library to be ported over.

Are there now discussions on doing this now that Apple is releasing details for the porting process?
charhaugen

Post by charhaugen »

Thank you so much! that is perfect! All my notebooks were able to sync as well as highlights, etc.
adamberkey

Post by adamberkey »

caloocan789 wrote:With WWDC 19 now complete, Apple announced further developments with Project Catalyst which deals with porting iOS apps over to MacOS. As mentioned before, Apple has automated the process and last year they did this with a few of their existing iOS apps like news, stocks, home, and voice memos.

Well, now Apple has released this opportunity to 3rd party developers which means we are now getting the tools from Apple with MacOS Catalina to allow for the Gospel Library to be ported over.

Are there now discussions on doing this now that Apple is releasing details for the porting process?

Any updates on this happening or not?
denicelovejoy

Post by denicelovejoy »

This post was the first o e that solved my problem! Thanks so much. That link was like magic. I can even watch the Book of Mormon videos from the scriptures! Thank yiu
bethafast

Post by bethafast »

Two or three days ago I updated my Gospel Library app and since then it is not working correctly. This was shortly after the new handbook information was released. The Angel Moroni icon comes on and then the whole site shuts down in about 4 to 5 seconds. I have deleted and reinstalled the app twice but the same thing keeps happening. What can I do? I use the Gospel Library very often?
jacksonlauder

Post by jacksonlauder »

I would love this! Couldn't this be available using Apple Catalyst?

Return to “Gospel Library”