Game Building

Gospel App & Game Contest in conjunction with previous LDSTech Conferences
Timmyshwagg

Game Building

Post by Timmyshwagg »

It looks like this forum is kind of falling by the wayside. Are there any members interested in game building?

Just to give you a little background. My name is Tim Chappell and I have worked in the games industry for 15 years. I worked for companies such as Mythic, Bioware and EA. I have work experience in all areas of game design. Currently I work for a childhood education gaming company called iStation. I am the Lead 3D artist and Game Designer. (Speaking of which, we are looking for game devs in the Dallas area. One artist and 2 programmers.) The company just invested in a 2.5 year development cycle to build a game I designed.

The reason why I am sharing this is because I want any potential candidates to know how serious this project is and to understand my experience in making games. I am in the process of developing a book of Mormon game using the Unity engine. I have worked out some of the core mechanics/ systems enough to tell you its a 3rd person/ 1st person RPG game that will get a lot of attention. Over the next few months I will be developing the models and building a prototype in order to peruse crowd source funding for programmers. I would like to see if anybody would like to be involved on a volunteer basis. As we secure funding and start the company, paid remote positions will become available.

If you would like to get involved, please send me an e-mail at timothy.chappell@gmail.com. Would love to hear from other game developers or people interested in game development that are Mormon and know the book of Mormon well enough to assist with quest design. Strong testimonies will help because of the nature and focus of the project.

Cheers!
-T
mevans

Re: Game Building

Post by mevans »

I think the Gospel App & Game Contest is likely one of many things that has been canceled on LDS Tech. That's probably why you don't see so much activity here. Still, good luck in your endeavors. I think there's just no contest fanfare for such things now.
LorenDean

Post by LorenDean »

Mr. Chappell, I'm interested in your Kickstarter campaign if nothing else. I'll see if I can find you on LinkedIn.
Timmyshwagg

Post by Timmyshwagg »

No worries on the contest. :) I had a few people ask about status on the project though so I know there are eyes out there.

Current status is I am building the websites and social sites and have worked out the time frames for the demo and kickstarter. I have a few investors, another possible artist and maybe a backup programmer.

My company is paying for me to become a certified Unity developer and for training in VR and AR so I'm going to incorporate that a bit. After November, we'll be focusing on quest design for the demo.
Timmyshwagg

Post by Timmyshwagg »

Just thought I would add another update.

The company's website has been published. You can find it at Https://www.earthfamilygames.com. Since the company is focused on building not just games but digital experiences for the family and because this thread seems dead :), I'm going to move it over to the one about families and protecting them from digital technologies. I wish I had more concept work for you now, but we just started on it. Should have something by the end of the December though. Be sure to sign up on the website or follow us on Facebook if you want more frequent updates on our progress!

Have a great Christmas!
Timmyshwagg

Post by Timmyshwagg »

First Artwork is up. Just thought I would share. Werre going to go PBR mobile in Unty3D. Got my certification and have started the first build. Kickstarter is in 30 days! :) :o

Check out the announcement flyer:
https://indd.adobe.com/view/50e3d673-57 ... 200e12a4dd

Also, please sign up for the newsletter if you want to follow our progress:
https://www.earthfamilygames.com/contact-faq

Return to “Gospel App & Game Contest”