How can I contact Church Headquarters/General Authorities?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rosepetal720

How can I contact Church Headquarters/General Authorities?

Post by rosepetal720 »

I want to send an email or letter to the General Authorities asking them to put a temple in my hometown. I know their decisions are inspired, but after reading the Doctrine and Covenants, I realized God only sends inspiration after He's been approached. Maybe they just never thought to ask about my hometown, and once they pray about it, they'll know it's right. I know it's a long shot, but miracles always are.

Point is, I'd like to send a message and I don't know how. Someone obviously knows, since they talk about letters they receive every General Conference! Anyone have an answer for me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How can I contact Church Headquarters/General Authorities?

Post by russellhltn »

There's another thread on that subject: Address to send a letter to the Prophet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd imagine the starting point for temple placement is the number of temple recommend holders and how difficult it is to travel to reach a temple.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Your best bet would be to talk to your local leaders, who can pass things along. Also, attend the temple as much as your circumstances permit, and encourage others around you to – the number of members who attend the temple is also factored into those kinds of decisions.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
waynef48

How di I find my granddaughters membership No.

Post by waynef48 »

My grand daughter is trying to find out what her membership no is and where her records are. How does she do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How di I find my granddaughters membership No.

Post by russellhltn »

waynef48 wrote:My grand daughter is trying to find out what her membership no is and where her records are. How does she do this?
She needs to go to her ward clerk. The clerk can pull her records from wherever they are.

hvakalahi

Post by hvakalahi »

Question - who do we talk to in order to get approval for sealing our child who was born under the covenant?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

hvakalahi wrote:Question - who do we talk to in order to get approval for sealing our child who was born under the covenant?
A child who is born in the covenant is already sealed. No ordinance is required. The ordinance of sealing to parents is for children who were not born in the covenant and who are therefore not sealed to parents.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lajackson wrote:
hvakalahi wrote:Question - who do we talk to in order to get approval for sealing our child who was born under the covenant?
A child who is born in the covenant is already sealed. No ordinance is required. The ordinance of sealing to parents is for children who were not born in the covenant and who are therefore not sealed to parents.
And if the original question was meant to say "...who was *not* born under the covenant", the first step would be for you to speak with your bishop or branch president.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you meant to say "NOT born under the covenant", then davesudweeks is correct and you need to talk to your bishop/branch president.

If you want to seal a child who was born under the covenant to a different parent, lajackson is correct. The child has already received the promises and blessings of being sealed to a family and does not need to have it re-done if the parent(s) change. General Handbook 38.5.2.1 Any exception would require First Presidency approval.

Return to “General Discussions”