How to stop redirect from LDS.org to app? Bug!

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
mrs.ritchie15

How to stop redirect from LDS.org to app? Bug!

Post by mrs.ritchie15 »

Hi there, every time I'm on my phone and try to find general conference on my mobile browser, I click on the link to conference and it automatically redirects me and opens my Gospel library app home page. It doesn't even open the conference talk within Gospel library... And October 2017 conference hasn't even been uploaded on the app anyway so it's frustrating because I can't listen to conference on my phone because of this. It's not just this conference that I have problems with though, is there any way to turn off the redirect feature? When I want the browser I want the browser, not the app. Thanks for your help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to stop redirect from LDS.org to app? Bug!

Post by russellhltn »

What OS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrs.ritchie15

Post by mrs.ritchie15 »

Android
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm given the option to open it with my browser or LDS Tools Gospel Library. But I'm sure if I click "Always" (always use LDS Tools), then I'd experience the same.

I'd suggest using the feedback feature in the app and explain that you're trying to reach the "live" conference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrs.ritchie15

Post by mrs.ritchie15 »

Thank you! I probably clicked always without realizing it a long time ago
marathonmom5

Post by marathonmom5 »

How do I undo the "Always" choice? I want to be able to send the link to friends and I can't do that with Gospel Library.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From the all-knowing Google:
  • Go to your Android Settings.
  • Select Applications.
  • Select the application that is currently set to open a file type — for example, Google Chrome. (In this case, it's GL)
  • Scroll down to Launch by default and tap Clear defaults.
You're all set.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:I'm given the option to open it with my browser or *LDS Tools. But I'm sure if I click "Always" (always use *LDS Tools), then I'd experience the same.
*Gospel Library :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:
russellhltn wrote:I'm given the option to open it with my browser or *LDS Tools. But I'm sure if I click "Always" (always use *LDS Tools), then I'd experience the same.
*Gospel Library :)
D'oh! Fixed.

lisabeus

Post by lisabeus »

The above directions don't work for me. I still can't open Conference 2017. Any other ideas.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”