Status of Web Indexing and access to Desktop reporting

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
bluscoot

Status of Web Indexing and access to Desktop reporting

Post by bluscoot »

Our ward youth program is running a little Indexing challenge. Some have been using Desktop Indexing, others Web Indexing. Two problems:

1) For weeks, stake access to reporting on Desktop Indexing appears to be down. The message online says "The admin portal is down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back later in the week for additional information." When will Desktop Indexing reports be available again?

2) Is there a real-time status checker for access to Web Indexing? Trying to pull reporting from Web Indexing this morning, but no luck. Web Indexing was working fine last night, but now it appears to be down. I've tried different browsers, clearing cache, restarting computer, different computers...all with the same results. "An error has occurred that may affect your ability to use this page. FamilySearch has been notified." This has been going on for a couple hours. Anyone know what is going on?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Status of Web Indexing and access to Desktop reporting

Post by lajackson »

bluscoot wrote:Anyone know what is going on?
It is Sunday. That would be my first explanation for anything that is not working today. My second is that if something broke, it probably will not be fixed until Monday, unless they are observing the Federal holiday, in which case things will not be fixed until Tuesday at the earliest.

But things may just be busy right now until later today. It is hard to tell.
bluscoot

Post by bluscoot »

After 3-4 hours, access to Web Indexing and its reporting came back online. The Church is promoting a worldwide Indexing event later this month. If regular Sunday morning traffic is enough to shutdown Web Indexing, it'll be interesting to see how this upcoming event fares.

I would still like to know if/when the admin access to reporting from Desktop Indexing is going to came back online, and when.
bjmounts

Post by bjmounts »

hope it gets better

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”