Printing Ward Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
bgates1258

Re: Printing Ward Directory

Post by bgates1258 »

wbfranz wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:03 am PRINT button/icon was not found on the Ward Directory page as of On Oct 18th 2023 . Not able to obtain PDF copy of ward directory now using Firefox on Desktop PC . What happened to the PRINT button/icon on the Ward Directory page? When trying to use Edge or Chrome was able to print basic ward directory for households only. But not able to print ward directory with callings and phone numbers and email addresses for other household members as before. Please restore the PRINT button/icon on the Ward Directory page.
Does anyone know why the print button was removed? I use the save pdf option frequently and would like it restored.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bgates1258 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:46 am Does anyone know why the print button was removed? I use the save pdf option frequently and would like it restored.
No idea, but you can use the print function in your browser. It produces a list and isn't just a paper copy of what you see on the webpage.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bgates1258

Post by bgates1258 »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:20 am
bgates1258 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:46 am Does anyone know why the print button was removed? I use the save pdf option frequently and would like it restored.
No idea, but you can use the print function in your browser. It produces a list and isn't just a paper copy of what you see on the webpage.
The Browser print function doesn't produce the list. It shows only a header and footer line and the rest of the page is blank, And it only shows one page when there should be many more, the PDF file had 36 pages for my ward.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

bgates1258 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:00 pm The Browser print function doesn't produce the list. It shows only a header and footer line and the rest of the page is blank, And it only shows one page when there should be many more, the PDF file had 36 pages for my ward.
Those symptoms likely vary by browser. They might vary from time to time as website and browser code evolve. Clearing your browser cache and deleting relevant cookies _MIGHT_ help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What you see depend on what screen you're on when you hit print. What I see when I'm on the ward list is a list of name, addresses, and household contact information. (But no individual contact info.)

If I'm viewing a household, I'll get the household and individual contact information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

wbfranz wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:03 am PRINT button/icon was not found on the Ward Directory page as of On Oct 18th 2023 . Not able to obtain PDF copy of ward directory now using Firefox on Desktop PC . What happened to the PRINT button/icon on the Ward Directory page? When trying to use Edge or Chrome was able to print basic ward directory for households only. But not able to print ward directory with callings and phone numbers and email addresses for other household members as before. Please restore the PRINT button/icon on the Ward Directory page.
I just checked and I see the print button. I'm a membership clerk, so to verify it's not a special privilege for me, I logged in as one of my children, and he also has a print button, too. Is it still not showing for you?
bgates1258

Post by bgates1258 »

mevans wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:20 am
I just checked and I see the print button. I'm a membership clerk, so to verify it's not a special privilege for me, I logged in as one of my children, and he also has a print button, too. Is it still not showing for you?

Yes, I see the print button again. Looks like they restored it. Hope it stays.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”