Online Bill Pay Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
hawkmoonsundown

Re: Online Bill Pay Donations

Post by hawkmoonsundown »

I have a follow-up question on this.
While living in Europe over the past few years, I was able to use the online donation interface. It worked wonderfully there.
A few days ago, I moved back to the US. I no longer have access to my banking options to pay my tithing online.
Adding a new bank to my account does not give me an option to use my European bank.
Is there a way to keep using my European bank account to make donations? I suspect there is a way, but it has not yet been enabled.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Use the link below to ask for your request!

donations@ldschurch.org
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The online system matches the country in which your record is maintained with the currency and banking system of that country. That matching can be overridden at headquarters to allow another country bank and the currency of that country for online donations. Currency conversions are not permitted. I am only aware of Americans living abroad having the ability to retain online donations using a U.S. bank and U.S. dollar currency by sending a message to onlinedonationsupport@churchofjesuschrist.org. You could try sending a message to that address to see if they will do something similar for your situation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Online Donations”