Online Bill Pay Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
omarjuvera

Online Bill Pay Donations

Post by omarjuvera »

I do not have a bank account but do have a prepaid card with some limited online services.
This card allows me to send money through their online Bill Pay portal. Cannot use routing and alike.

Can you please help me how to send my donations via bill pay?
At the very least, they require a name and address.
Should I use my ward's address? or some other [central] address?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Online Bill Pay Donations

Post by lajackson »

omarjuvera wrote:Can you please help me how to send my donations via bill pay?
At the very least, they require a name and address.
They will probably try to mail a check to the address you provide, so do not use the meetinghouse address. I think I would make the ward the payee and send the payment in care of either my own address or the address of the bishop.

You might also wish to contact donations@ldschurch.org and see if they might be able to work something for you.
rogerwilde

Post by rogerwilde »

Can I donate for my wife on her member # from my Bank account
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rogerwilde wrote:Can I donate for my wife on her member # from my Bank account
You can only donate as the person logged in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
rogerwilde wrote:Can I donate for my wife on her member # from my Bank account
You can only donate as the person logged in.
Your wife can log in and use the same bank account that you are using. She just needs to do it from her LDS Account at the Donations link.
budmancz

Post by budmancz »

We are living aboard in Italy and would like to set up an Online Bill Pay With our Bank account. Can you please help us by emailing us the information to be able to do that.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

budmancz wrote:We are living aboard in Italy and would like to set up an Online Bill Pay With our Bank account.
If you are banking with a U.S. savings or checking account, send an email to donations@ldschurch.org and ask for directions. The Church can also set it up so that you would be able to donate at the LDS.org Donations link.

If you are banking with a foreign account, speak with your local ward clerk and ask for instructions.
rmf6evans

Post by rmf6evans »

We have asked our ward clerk here in Czech Republic and they don't know how to set up payments. Is it possible to do online bill pay if you have a foreign account?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rmf6evans wrote:Is it possible to do online bill pay if you have a foreign account?
To use Donations at LDS.org you need a U.S. account. If you have a foreign account, you are at the mercy of the system, if there is one, that the Church may have set up for that country. Not every country has online donations.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmf6evans wrote:Is it possible to do online bill pay if you have a foreign account?
Not on the US system.

You can try going to donations.lds.org and see if it works for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”