Excommunicated but attending

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
aspie2010

Excommunicated but attending

Postby aspie2010 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:29 am

I am an excommunicated member who is working towards re-baptism. Local Priesthood leaders are talking about using LDS Tools more regularly as a main communication method within the Ward. I have downloaded the app but am denied access when I try to open it through my LDS Account as prompted; I guess because I am tagged as a non-member. I'm not very tech-savvy or social media competent, so am looking to see if anyone can advise on a way for me to enjoy the full benefits of LDS Tools given my specific circumstances.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Excommunicated but attending

Postby russellhltn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:22 pm

That's not possible in your situation. I'd let whoever you're working with know of the situation so they can keep you informed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:59 pm

I'm not sure how they plan on using LDS Tools to communicate. It doesn't have any communication abilities. But perhaps they just want to use email and want people to have an up-to-date email address on file. Unfortunately, without a record in the unit you can't include an email address that will show up in the default messaging lists. As russellhltn indicates, they will have to just manually add you to emails being sent out.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:07 pm

By "communicate" I think they're referring to the calendar and to some extent the directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

aspie2010

Postby aspie2010 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:08 am

Thank you for such swift and clear replies. I'll let the relevant local brethren know. So for me LDS Tools will be added to the list of blessings available after re-baptism, God willing.

fdtilley1

Postby fdtilley1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:57 pm

I was actually just trying to change the address for my subscription to the Ensign. I presently get it in Rocklin CA and have bought a home in Enoch UT and would enjoy getting it there. I too am an excommunicated but attending person, who would very much to be rebaptized.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 pm

fdtilley1 wrote:I was actually just trying to change the address for my subscription to the Ensign.

If you are not able to make the change online at store.lds.org you should be able to call LDS Store Customer Support at 800.537.5971 and have them make the change for you. (This is a public forum, so your account number has been deleted.)

loakes_37

Postby loakes_37 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:34 am

Hi,

I am going to be facing excommunication, and was wondering if I still have access to my account on the gospel library app?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:20 am

loakes_37 wrote:I am going to be facing excommunication, and was wondering if I still have access to my account on the gospel library app?

I would imagine that your account changes to a "non member" status. Non-members are allowed to have accounts and use Gospel Library. That said, I don't have a definitive answer.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:55 pm

russellhltn wrote:
loakes_37 wrote:I am going to be facing excommunication, and was wondering if I still have access to my account on the gospel library app?

I would imagine that your account changes to a "non member" status. Non-members are allowed to have accounts and use Gospel Library. That said, I don't have a definitive answer.

I would recommend working with the ward clerk, who can call the Global Services Department on your behalf. The Global Services Department is most likely to be able to get an answer about whether a member account would become a non-member account. If it does become a regular non-member account, then Gospel Library should still work as expected (with all of your existing highlights, notes, etc.).

Wishing you the best as you move forward.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”