Ex Mormon Groups on Facebook

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
smedsribaka

Ex Mormon Groups on Facebook

Postby smedsribaka » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:24 pm

I am getting bombarded with requests to join so called "ex Mormon Groups" on Facebook. Some of these are showing photos of Temple ordinances and are blatantly sacrilegious and many times blasphemous. Is there nothing that can be done to prevent their spreading things that are sacred or at least, copyrighted? I don't want to post any links here as they are easy to find.

It's amazing how much damage Satan is doing in these latter days. :evil: I'm just not sure how to combat him in this area.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ex Mormon Groups on Facebook

Postby russellhltn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:58 pm

I'd suggest passing those links to the church's copyright office. The contact information below is for seeking permissions, but they should know how to forward it to enforcement:

Intellectual Property Office
50 East North Temple Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84150-0013

permissions@ldschurch.org
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”