Ward Unit Number

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Ward Unit Number

Post by sbradshaw »

alexander_blanchard wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:58 pm At one point in the past, I ran across a part of the Church's website that said that you couldn't access it if you weren't in a leadership position, but it still showed the Ward and Stake Unit Numbers for the units that the account's records were in. What is the URL to that site?
The Leader and Clerk Resources Access Table is available to any member when signed in, and shows your unit information in the top right:
https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/other/access-table?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:05 pm
alexander_blanchard wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:58 pm At one point in the past, I ran across a part of the Church's website that said that you couldn't access it if you weren't in a leadership position, but it still showed the Ward and Stake Unit Numbers for the units that the account's records were in. What is the URL to that site?
The Leader and Clerk Resources Access Table is available to any member when signed in, and shows your unit information in the top right:
Only if you have access to LCR.

What's insteresting is if I try to access LCR, I get
Access to Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) is limited to members with certain callings. For more information, click here.
But attempting to follow that link I get "Page Not Found" as I don't have access to clerk-resources-access-table.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:11 pm
sbradshaw wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:05 pm
Only if you have access to LCR.
Interesting – I'm a lowly Sunday School teacher, and as far as I know, I don't have any rights in Leader and Clerk Resources – but I can see the access table using the link above.

russellhltn wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:11 pm What's insteresting is if I try to access LCR, I get
Access to Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) is limited to members with certain callings. For more information, click here.
But attempting to follow that link I get "Page Not Found" as I don't have access to clerk-resources-access-table.
When I go to the Leader and Clerk Resources home page, I get the same Access Denied page as you, and the Page Not Found error in the Help Center when I click the link. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:23 pm Interesting – I'm a lowly Sunday School teacher, and as far as I know, I don't have any rights in Leader and Clerk Resources – but I can see the access table using the link above.
Interesting. That link works for me as well. Learn something new all the time. I was triggering on "everyone having access to LCR".

sbradshaw wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:23 pmWhen I go to the Leader and Clerk Resources home page, I get the same Access Denied page as you, and the Page Not Found error in the Help Center when I click the link. :)
What's interesting is the "More information" link is https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... e?lang=eng
Which seems to be a different path to what would seem to be a very similar, if not a copy of, the same resource.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Timkchilds

Post by Timkchilds »

I also am signed into my account and can see my home ward id number but the Id number for the missionary's ward is not shown.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Timkchilds wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:47 am I also am signed into my account and can see my home ward id number but the Id number for the missionary's ward is not shown.
That is as it should be. A member should be only able to see their own unit number. The unit number for any members serving in your unit but from another unit is not available, including missionaries serving in your unit.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
warwick.carter

Post by warwick.carter »

klricks wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:29 am
cherry7up1950 wrote:I went to maps, etc. and got the box with the ward name but no unit number is displayed. I see a zipcode, bishops phone number and longitude and latidude for gps, no unit number. ????? I need the number for the south ogden 9th ward unit so a donation can be made.
In order to see the unit numbers you must be signed into your Church account
I have the same issue, I am logged in, but I still can't see the unit number.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I have the same issue, I am logged in, but I still can't see the unit number.
In my view, the above ideas are really workarounds in the sense that their availability may or may not change over time, and the official method for finding a unit number is asking your ward clerk. He will have access to CDOL and can provide the unit number so you can make your donation.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

To see another unit's number:
1. Log into ChurchofJesusChrist.org
2. Select 'Meetinghouse Locator' from the Tools menu (waffle icon or grid of 9 square dots icon)
3. Type in the unit name or an address in the search text box.
3. Select the unit name from the displayed list of unit names if there is more than one unit with the same name typed or associated with the address.
4. See the unit number in the URL address box of your browser. It is the numbers at the end of the URL (https://maps.churchofjesuschrist.org/wards/XXXXX...) after the last forward slash (/).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
pagepeters

Post by pagepeters »

The URL solution worked for me. After I clicked on the correct meeting house and ward I looked at the URL and used the numbers at the end. That brought up the ward and I was able to find the missionary we were looking for. Thank you!

Return to “Online Donations”