Missionary Android Phone Specs

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Android Phone Specs

Post by russellhltn »

Aplman wrote:The church needs to support iPhone and use something like JAMF or JAMF School to manage the devices.
I'm taking a wild guess as to the criteria. One would be cost. Android can be cheaper. Another issue is if the device makes the missionary a target for theft. I'd think an iPhone would increase that risk.

Making live "nice" for the developers probably isn't a factor. Not unless the labor hours saved gets close to the cost savings on all the deployed devices.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kevrev

Post by kevrev »

Curious if the missionary phone app is still not supported with Android version 10. I see here from this older post that earlier in 2020 it was not?
awchan13

Post by awchan13 »

As was mentioned in previous posts, Maas360 is working on Android 10 devices.
jessejjohnson

Post by jessejjohnson »

I have a daughter just getting ready to leave on mission to washington DC and has a samsung galaxy J3 that her sister was using on her mission that she just got home with it has android 8 operating system will my daughter just leaving be ok to use it?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jessejjohnson wrote:I have a daughter just getting ready to leave on mission to washington DC and has a samsung galaxy J3 that her sister was using on her mission that she just got home with it has android 8 operating system will my daughter just leaving be ok to use it?
That question should be directed to her future mission president.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kolbielogancook

Post by kolbielogancook »

Would it be ok to take my current phone on my mission to save money even if it is a iPhone
awchan13

Post by awchan13 »

No, it has to be a Samsung approved phone that is unlocked for any network.
Douglasscottclark@yahoo.com

Post by Douglasscottclark@yahoo.com »

What are the latest phone specs that are needed? How do you get ahold of the missionary support department?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Douglasscottclark@yahoo.com wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:47 pm What are the latest phone specs that are needed? How do you get ahold of the missionary support department?
Information on missionary phones is available in the Missionary Portal. See https://missionary.churchofjesuschrist.org/portal/acquire-a-missionary-smartphone?lang=eng.
gusylou

Post by gusylou »

I am trying to set up my son's mission phone. It is an approved phone and unlocked. We keep getting an error message. Does anyone know to get past this?

[Moderator note: the screen shot was removed as it exposed a email address in a public forum. It's a screen shot of "Add Device" screen, with a pop-up message "Error in enrolling the device. Try again later."]

Return to “General Discussions”