The LDS Linux Project

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: The LDS Linux Project

Post by rmrichesjr »

sbradshaw wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:48 am I've submitted requests to use Church content through Permissions.ChurchofJesusChrist.org. Some of my requests have been denied, and some have been approved. Here are a couple of examples:
Thank you for that information and the example where you received permission. That's the first case I have ever heard of where permission was granted.
richardsontb

Re: The LDS Linux Project

Post by richardsontb »

The process of creating a flavor of Raspbian is fairly straight forward. You install the version of Raspbian that takes you only to the command prompt. Then you start adding. First, of course, a desktop. There are a lot of packages you need to remember to install that you don't typically think of. I don't remember all the names, but you need gparted, the apt-get program, and many more. Below is a link as to how to create a master of your new flavor.

https://medium.com/platformer-blog/crea ... %20More%20

A different option is just to create an app that adds the Church content. I don't know how to create an app nor what should be in it.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”