Shared Quorum Archival Storage

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
AllinghamD

Shared Quorum Archival Storage

Post by AllinghamD »

I'm a recently called Stake YM Clerk and current EQ President (unusual, but it's a situational thing due to distance) and I have the same need for both callings. We have meetings and run events and then do event post mortems... all of which have a historical/archival value. The problem is... I have not been able to find a resource that would permit the storage of this information and continued access by members of those quorums as they change over time while barring those who no longer have those callings. Also, as has been noted elsewhere there is a potential security issue with such a resource, however, if the access could be controlled via the same mechanism (active directory?) used elsewhere on Church web sites and have users reminded on access that no confidential information is to be stored on the site... this security risk should be generally mitigated.

Having said that, is there existing or plans to add (or the capacity to create) small shared drives where Secretaries could put documents (Agendas, Meeting Minutes, Event Plans/Budgets and Event Post Mortems, possibly within those four directories) where access is provided by Church Calling and the information would persist over many individuals serving in those callings?

I'm asking because from my current investigations tools that currently exist will cause me to remain responsible for maintaining the resource long after I am released from the calling that I created it for. Transfers, generally, seem to be very difficult for them all and I'm pretty tech savvy.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Shared Quorum Archival Storage

Post by russellhltn »

AllinghamD wrote:Having said that, is there existing or plans to add
There is nothing existing, and the church rarely announces any new features until they're implemented.

I'd suggest you plan as if no such resource will happen before you're released.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

What is a "Stake YM Clerk"?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:What is a "Stake YM Clerk"?
I am guessing it would be the Stake Young Men Secretary.
AllinghamD

Post by AllinghamD »

Yeah, secretary. Don't know how I managed to type clerk, I do know what my calling is called but apparently not when I first made this post. :-)
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Agendas, plans, event schedules, etc that are sanitized of membership information can be shared on cloud services. You should have access to the membership data you need for your calling through logging at lds.org. It can be a bit of an inconvenience at times, but it is quite possible to do this without posting private information on non-church owned servers.

Return to “Emerging Technologies”