in Ward Missionary Fund there is an error that does not allow me to access another Ward

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
ryanwoll

in Ward Missionary Fund there is an error that does not allow me to access another Ward

Post by ryanwoll »

When I try to reuse a prior donation with a contribution for my nephew's mission (in another ward) it says there is an error. The error message at the top says:

"Unable to reuse donation slip. Some of the categories from your previous donation slip could not be reused."

When I select the other ward category and enter the unit number I get the following message:

"Uh oh! We're Sorry...
It looks like something went wrong which prevented the page you requested from displaying. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused!"

This has been happening for two days.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: in Ward Missionary Fund there is an error that does not allow me to access another Ward

Post by russellhltn »

That's interesting. I just tried it and was able to pull up several wards in my stake.

When I entered a bogus unit number, I got "The ward or branch number you entered seems to be incorrect or the unit may be outside the country. Please re-enter the number."

You might want to check with that ward. It's possible there's been a boundary realignment and that unit number isn't bogus but it isn't valid either.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ch900

Re: in Ward Missionary Fund there is an error that does not allow me to access another Ward

Post by ch900 »

Same for me. I cannot continue to contribute to my nieces missionary fund, the error message is the same a reported above. I am accessing from the Phoenix, AZ area. My brother, from the Seattle, WA area has no problem. So the issue does not rest with the external ward. This has been going on for days. If I try and create a new donation to an exterior ward I get the error message referred to above. If I try an reuse a prior donation (that contained a mission fund contribution), I am allowed to do so BUT *an error is flagged*, *all ward mission fund info is removed*, *adding other ward mission fund payments is disallowed*. So, "Houston, we've got a problem".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At what point are you getting the error? I'm able to enter the unit number and get a list of missionaries. Including wards that are several states away.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Rodnisha

Post by Rodnisha »

Same issue here in KY. I get the same 2 messages as reported by RyanWoll. It worked just fine on Jan 25th as that was the donation I was trying to reuse.
mdthomp

Post by mdthomp »

I am also getting the same two errors in UT and I'm trying to donate to my nephew's mission fund who's ward is in a neighboring stake in the same city. I was last able to donate to his ward on Jan 21st. I've been trying to make donations since Feb 10th with no luck and I have verified with my brother that his ward unit number did not change.
mdthomp

Post by mdthomp »

OK so I figured it out. If you try and reuse a prior donation its broke and stays broken until you leave the donations page and then come back to it. If you just start out with a new donation form and put in the number it works. Not ideal, especially since my wife donates to about 5 missionaries all in different wards. Hopefully they can figure out the error with the "Reuse this donation" because its very convenient.
dkpingel1

Post by dkpingel1 »

I was getting the same error so I sent a trouble question and they replied back and said that the problem with reusing a donation slip should be fixed about Feb 25th. They said to start with a blank donation (not reused) and it should work and it did.
hbroxton

Post by hbroxton »

This same problem is happening again in November 2022. I can't reuse a donation slip for a missionary in another ward.
Somewhat inconvienient. Will this be fixed?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

hbroxton wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:44 am Will this be fixed?
If you report the issue using the Feedback link in the footer at the bottom of the Donations page it will be sent to the appropriate team. The forum is user-to-user help and support and those who can do something most likely will never see your post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Online Donations”