Account recovery & Two Step Verification issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Account recovery & Two Step Verification issues

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote:it wants her to sig up for Two Step and says it is sending her verification to a cell phone. It seems it is requiring two step before she can sign in for anything, but she has NOT enabled it... HELP!
Two Step authentication is not required. Try going back through the sign up pages and see if it has been selected, and unselect it.
jhrigby

Post by jhrigby »

I am having a similar problem. I have already set-up two step verification. However, I don't have the app on my phone anymore. When I try to log-in into my account at ldsaccount.lds.org I can't log in, because I can't find a way to change my two-step verification process. It is asking for the code from my third-party authentication app, but I don't have the app set up anymore. When I try to set up the app again on my new device, it wants to start the process over and doesn't have my LDS account in the system. Any ideas of how to log-in if I can't get past the two step verification since I don't have the proper set up anymore?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jhrigby wrote:I am having a similar problem. I have already set-up two step verification. However, I don't have the app on my phone anymore.
If you could manage your account using only one of the two steps, then it would be totally ineffective at providing additional security. The only recourse is to contact church headquarters to have it reset. Your ward clerk can provide you with the contact information.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
g3n3c

Post by g3n3c »

THIS MEMBER'S DESCRIPTION REGARDING HOW TO DISABLE THE 2-STEP VERIFICATION PROCESS WORKED FOR ME TODAY, THURSDAY, 8 AUGUST 2019. THANKS SO MUCH dkerkes AS I COULDN'T GET ANY REAL HELP FROM MY EMAIL REQUESTING HELP. WHICH IS REALLY PRETTY SAD CONSIDERING THAT WE ARE A CHURCH THAT PROMOTES MINISTERING.

FOLLOW DKERKES JULY 25 2018 PROCESS AND THE 2-STEP VERIFICATION PROCESS CAN BE EASILY DISABLED.

Report this post

Postby dkerkes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:11 pm
I found the answer on how to disable two-step verification.
1. Click on link for two-step verification.
2. Under where it says you have it enabled, there is a box that says Option. It shows your phone number.
3. Click in the box.
4. There is a sprocket on the upper right side of the box.
5. Click the sprocket.
6. Choose disable.
Yahoo!!!!
shanonstuartedwards

Post by shanonstuartedwards »

I can’t sign in because of two step authentication. Like others, I’m not sure why, but I may have said yes to it at some point. Without being able to sign in, I can’t do my family history either. I can’t see a link to opt out of the verification. Please help. It always says “try another way”, but that seems impossible.
maduekwe

Post by maduekwe »

My branch president is having an issue with his authenticator. The code doesn't come immediately as it is supposed and when it does, after two days and entered it says the code has expired. Please, help me with the link on how to resolve it. I'm the branch Clark.
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

maduekwe wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:01 am My branch president is having an issue with his authenticator. The code doesn't come immediately as it is supposed and when it does, after two days and entered it says the code has expired. Please, help me with the link on how to resolve it. I'm the branch Clark.
Give the branch president the number for GSD. They can work with him to selected a better 2FA method. GSD will only work with the account holder.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Graham1961

Post by Graham1961 »

Forgotten password & changed mobile phone number, so can't receive messages 🙄
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Graham1961 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:14 pm Forgotten password & changed mobile phone number, so can't receive messages 🙄
That sounds like you'll probably need to ask your ward clerk for the phone number to the Global Services Department. They can turn off 2FA/MFA and/or otherwise help you recover access to your account. More information is in the announcement thread at the top of this forum: https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... hp?t=30383
edward555

Post by edward555 »

I have tried every possible way but failed. Please anyone who can help reach me with my [personal information removed]. I really need my account to access BYU pathway portal. I was robbed and lost everything I could use.
Thanks
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue May 16, 2023 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form

Return to “Church Account”