Availability of "Luz de las Naciones" post-broadcast

Discussions around receiving conferences and broadcasts for the meetinghouse via Internet.
ruy343

Availability of "Luz de las Naciones" post-broadcast

Post by ruy343 »

Howdy,

We're a small branch with a mixed community, and we have a regular "family home evening" even on Monday nights. The "Luz de las Naciones" event that's being broadcast on March 3 would be a great thing to center such an activity around, but that's on a Saturday, not a Monday. Previous broadcasts of "Luz de las Naciones" are unavailable on LDS.org, so I can't see a way to present the broadcast two days later. Can anyone here point me to a link where such videos will be available, or provide me with tips on how to record the video and play it back at a later time?

Thanks in advance!
rachelannelee

Re: Availability of "Luz de las Naciones" post-broadcast

Post by rachelannelee »

I also wanted to watch it. Did you find a way too? Thank you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm guessing there are licensing restrictions that have to do with music arrangements or guest performers that prevent the video from being provided for download – similar to Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas and Pioneer Day concerts.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The main LDS.org page has a link under More Features entitled Experience the Luz de Las Naciones Cultural Event. The link takes you to the broadcast page where you may select from English, Spanish, or Portuguese versions of the broadcast.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The link takes you to the broadcast page where you may select from English, Spanish, or Portuguese versions of the broadcast.
I don't see anything playable. At least not in Chrome. In IE11, I get a picture with a countdown of "0 days, 00 hours, 00 minutes, and 00 seconds" until the broadcast. But still, nothing playable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I have been watching it in Firefox since I posted the links. It is a wonderful program.

All three of the links opened in the Media Player and began running. I left the English one going.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

They also run with Edge.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:They also run with Edge.
So it does. I guess the problems with Chrome goes beyond the Temple pages.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since the issue with Chrome on Temple pages was fixed, I gave this a try and now I can see it in Chrome as well.

Return to “Receiving Internet Broadcasts”