How to make a refund on Online Tithing Overpayment

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
meljunsay

How to make a refund on Online Tithing Overpayment

Post by meljunsay »

Hello!

I pay our family tithing online via BPI online banking.

My problem is, I had a typo error while keying in the amount which I didn't notice until I checked the account's new balance after tithing payment. What was supposed to be a 3 digit amount became 4. I accidentally typed in an extra zero.

How am I going to refund my tithing overpayment? Who will I contact and their contact number please?

I will have just treated this as advance payment if we were not hard-pressed for money.

I hope you can help.

Thanks,

Mel
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to make a refund on Online Tithing Overpayment

Post by russellhltn »

I think you'll have to w work with the ward clerk/ward fiance clerk and have them call church headquarters on your behalf.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

See this thread for a few more details on what to expect (assuming the process hasn't changed in the last 18 months).

Note that if you made the donation online within the last day or so it may not have been processed yet and you may be able to cancel it on the donation page. Otherwise, the first step is for a clerk to contact the Global Service Center as russelhltn said.
rhondalynnbradley

Post by rhondalynnbradley »

I have overpaid my tithng for 2021 of $474, I'm elderly and I Just forgot & made 1 of the checks over the payment due. I tried paying quarterly & got confused. Is there a way to get a refund? If not, how do I apply this to 2022 tithing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rhondalynnbradley wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:55 am I have overpaid my tithng for 2021 of $474, I'm elderly and I Just forgot & made 1 of the checks over the payment due. I tried paying quarterly & got confused. Is there a way to get a refund? If not, how do I apply this to 2022 tithing?
Please see the post just before yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robertoalfredoy

Post by robertoalfredoy »

Hola, en el mes de febrero por equivocación puse un cero de mas en una donación en línea; se habló a los hermanos encargados de donaciones, se hizo un escrito con mis datos bancarios para un reenbolso, me mandaron un correo con respuesta favorable...aún no se han comunicado contigo para coordinar el reembolso.

Return to “Online Donations”