Need Single Adult Representative Calling to see Single Adult report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
christopherlohman

Need Single Adult Representative Calling to see Single Adult report

Post by christopherlohman »

There's a single adult (31+) report that is being printed and handed to ward single adult reps. It would be helpful to have a standard calling for Ward Single Adult Representative that could see that Single Adult report. It would also be helpful for that calling, through that report, to see who is assigned as home teacher to the Single Adults.
davesudweeks

Re: Need Single Adult Representative Calling to see Single Adult report

Post by davesudweeks »

Is this a MLS custom report or a report from LCR? Since the single adult reps receive no special access (per the access table) nothing will change as far as report access unless directed by the priesthood department. I suggest you send feedback via LCR or your LDSTools app, which won't guarantee a change but at least will get to the development team. Decision makers typically do not visit this forum which is primarily user to user tech support.

I don't see any LCR reports (I'm ward clerk) specifically for single adults, but a custom report tool is in beta (I don't have access to it so cannot comment on how it works). I suspect someone is running a custom report in MLS and handing it out.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Report is at Member List and select Single Adults from the filter. Just trying to record a SA Leader in LCR after Stake asked me to call a member in the ward but I can’t record.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

christopherlohman wrote:It would be helpful to have a standard calling for Ward Single Adult Representative
That would require a re-write of the Handbook, as there is currently nothing mentioned about Ward-level SA Reps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Yeah right - I see the calling in the Stake level :-) Passed back to Stake to action.
ruthannhogue

Post by ruthannhogue »

Can you please add single adults as a category for callings? Also, a channel on the church app would be helpful.

It is so disheartening to b invisible, even as the stake committee singles rep from my ward.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

ruthannhogue wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:32 pm Can you please add single adults as a category for callings? Also, a channel on the church app would be helpful.

Please keep in mind that this is a user-to-user discussion forum. Nobody here has authority to make anything happen in Church-provided apps or the website. Using the Feedback link (or button) or asking that your bishop or stake president push the suggestion up his chain of command would be the best options for getting the suggestion taken into consideration for action.
aknutson

Post by aknutson »

Wow, these people are nailing it. When single at an older age, the challenges are sometimes extreme and very upstream. The suggestions on this thread are things that would make such a difference! While the single adult population continues to grow as a demographic, empowering those of us called to serve them is more important than ever. Being able to see this report, emphasizing the importance of the calling, and making it a consistent part of church functioning would make a huge difference.
Wrog

Post by Wrog »

As a SA stake rep, I am glad to see this topic on the forum. The stake reps should be able to email the stake singles via the LCR messaging app but access is blocked.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Wrog wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:02 pm As a SA stake rep, I am glad to see this topic on the forum. The stake reps should be able to email the stake singles via the LCR messaging app but access is blocked.
No one here is in a position to decide this, or send it up a line of authority to consideer it.

I'd suggest using Feedback at the bottom of a Church webpage to request this. You may want point out that unlike most stake auxiliary that exist to support and train the ward counterparts, "Single adult committees are organized at the stake level." (General Handbook 14.1.2.4)

A more immediate solution would be to ask the stake to create a stake-level Single Adult Activities calendar. That will help get the word out for those who wish to participate. (I've been around enough SAs to know that not all SAs consider themselves "single", but just separated by mortality.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”