Phishing attack?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Phishing attack?

Post by russellhltn »

catherinemurray wrote:QUESTION I recevied the follow email today June 6th 2020 It adressed me with my full name IS THIS LEGIT???
It should be noted that both the link and the email goes to churchofjesuschrist.org. I realize it can be a bit tricky to properly determine a URL, but the links are legit in that it takes you to a real church website/email.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sahope

Post by sahope »

We reviewed a mailer from chuch correlation department. Asking all kinds of person questions about our family. Is this a legitimate correspondance from the church. It seemed similar to a census survery but with more detailed questions
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

sahope wrote:We reviewed a mailer from chuch correlation department. Asking all kinds of person questions about our family. Is this a legitimate correspondance from the church. It seemed similar to a census survery but with more detailed questions
I haven't seen anything like this. What's the address they want you to mail it to?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

If the survey is legitimate then it should provide a contact with a church email address and a toll free number that you can call. Also, section 38.8.41 of the General Handbook provides a number you can call to verify whether it's legitimate. If you have any doubts, I'd recommend calling that number before participating (and, as the handbook states as well, there is no obligation to participate even if it is legitimate).
ceruleluna

Post by ceruleluna »

I recently heard about a survey from the church from a friend. I have tried finding more information about the surveys because I am interested in the content and results. I have had no luck finding anything except this forum and something on reddit. Anyone know where they are published?
caillines

Post by caillines »

The surveys are for internal information gathering, I doubt they'd be publicly published anywhere.

Return to “General Discussions”