General Conference Audio Downloads

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
kotarokun

Re: General Conference Audio Downloads

Post by kotarokun »

Also, audio downloads for other languages (at least, Japanese, which is the only one I tried) don't seem to be available -- only video.
David Luke
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

kotarokun wrote:... If there's any way to bring back that feature, I'm sure many people would greatly appreciate it. I know I would.

Thanks,

David
The 'Feedback' button or link on the website is the place to make requests of that nature. Unless I find a solution already posted somewhere, I'll probably be making such a request, too.
juliemarkham

Post by juliemarkham »

Look in the upper right hand corner, on the bar across the top of the page, next to settings. Click the download arrow. I can download one audio file at a time, which is tedious, but then I put it on an old IPod and listen to conference in my kitchen.
kimdraper8

Post by kimdraper8 »

I also would love the one tap option for audio download. I used it frequently and also find this new way of doing it difficult my to use in many situations. Downloading an audio file takes up way less space than a whole video. Please bring back the old way of doing it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kotarokun wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:03 pm While this works, it's 1) a real pain to pull up every talk and individually download the audio, and 2) not very useful to use when e.g. exercising or driving, as launching any individual talk requires a lot of manual intervention, which is inconvenient, and in fact illegal while driving in many locales. In the past, it was possible to download individual talks for the entire conference in one fell swoop, which individual files could then be played with a normal music app. It is still possible to download full sessions one at a time, which can then be broken up into talks by hand, but that's still not nearly as easy or useful as the capability of downloading all the the talks with one operation. If there's any way to bring back that feature, I'm sure many people would greatly appreciate it. I know I would.
rmrichesjr wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:31 pm The 'Feedback' button or link on the website is the place to make requests of that nature. Unless I find a solution already posted somewhere, I'll probably be making such a request, too.
juliemarkham wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:30 am Look in the upper right hand corner, on the bar across the top of the page, next to settings. Click the download arrow. I can download one audio file at a time, which is tedious, but then I put it on an old IPod and listen to conference in my kitchen.
kimdraper8 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:37 pm I also would love the one tap option for audio download. I used it frequently and also find this new way of doing it difficult my to use in many situations. Downloading an audio file takes up way less space than a whole video. Please bring back the old way of doing it.
As described earlier in this thread, you shouldn't have to download talks one at a time. You can download all of the audio for a conference at once.

In Android or iOS Gospel Library:
1. Go to the table of contents for the conference where you want to download audio.
2. Tap the overflow menu (three dots) in the top right.
3. Tap "Download Audio."

This will download all of the audio for the conference.

You can do the same thing from the table of contents of any book, magazine, or conference that has audio.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
timis

Post by timis »

Using the app to listen to the conference audio is less than desirable, because it doesn't remember where you were across sessions. In the past, I would download all the sessions in mp3, then use an audio player app to listen. In that app, I'd create a playlist with just the conference sessions. Then everytime I go back to that app, it would start where I left off, and loop through all sessions.
Pease indicate if I can someone do that with the Library app, or tell me how to get the sessions in mp3 format.
Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

timis wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:25 pm Pease indicate if I can someone do that with the Library app, or tell me how to get the sessions in mp3 format.
I'd suggest using the in-app feedback link or the feedback link at the bottom of church webpages.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

timis wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:25 pm ..., or tell me how to get the sessions in mp3 format.
A way more involved solution & more download bandwidth used than your posted question asked, could be to;

1) Download the entire session .mp4 video file
1.5) Install ffmpeg library into Audacity (free programs, ffmpeg install Instructions somewhere on Audacity web pages)

2) Open Session video file .MP4 file in Audacity
3) Then "File -> Export" from Audacity as a mp3/wav/ogg (audio only file)

(Unfortunately, Audacity would require a Windows, Apple, or Linux computer to be used.)
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

Or... go to;

https://pacific.churchofjesuschrist.org ... e-lang-eng

Scroll down to ,"Download Audio" and download the .mp3 audio file(s) you want.
kotarokun

Post by kotarokun »

Thanks for the link. I'm glad the audio is available. I'd rather have talks as individual files, but as you suggest, if I really care that much I could break the session audio up myself using Audacity.
David Luke

Return to “Android Gospel Library”