General Conference Audio Downloads

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: General Conference Audio Downloads

Post by rmrichesjr »

kotarokun wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:39 am Thanks for the link. I'm glad the audio is available. I'd rather have talks as individual files, but as you suggest, if I really care that much I could break the session audio up myself using Audacity.
Per-talk MP3 files are available. It takes only a few clicks per talk. Start here: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 4?lang=eng Then, choose a talk or open a separate browser window or tab for each talk. Near the upper right-hand corner of the talk page/tab, between the printer and gear/settings symbols, click on the hieroglyphic that looks like an underlined downward arrow. Click on "This Page (MP3)". The MP3 file will appear in your downloads directory.
arvidsonma

Post by arvidsonma »

You say

"Tap the three-dots overflow menu in the top right corner, and choose "Download Audio."
Finally, tap Download on the confirmation box that comes up, and wait for the download to finish."

I tried this and it played the audio. It did not download to a file. I want to save the downloaded audio to a file toplay later. I do not want to listen right then.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

It looks like the icons in the upper-right-hand corner have recently changed. Now, there's an icon that looks like a wrench and some other tool arranged in an 'X' shape. Click at icon; click 'Downloads' in the pop-down menu; click 'This page (MP3)'. That worked just now for me using FIrefox ESR.
arvidsonma

Post by arvidsonma »

I found that when I hit the Audio Download, it actually downloaded to my Download file, but I had no notification, so it appeared to not happen.

I use Chrome on Windows 10. I suspect something changed in an upgrade as I am not Tech savvy enough to do this intentionally.

I went to Chrome, Settings, Advanced, Downloads and clicked on "Ask where to save each file before downloading"

This restored my settings and I am now able to download the Audio to a particular file and track the progress of the download.
timis

Post by timis »

murdock20m wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:04 am Or... go to;

https://pacific.churchofjesuschrist.org ... e-lang-eng

Scroll down to ,"Download Audio" and download the .mp3 audio file(s) you want.
Bless you! This is exactly what I needed.
amandamallett

Post by amandamallett »

I agree. I'd like to be able to download the audio files to use with another media player where I can listen to a talk on repeat and make a playlist.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

amandamallett wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:14 am I agree. I'd like to be able to download the audio files to use with another media player where I can listen to a talk on repeat and make a playlist.
On the Church website, from a given talk page ( https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... n?lang=eng , for example) click on the download icon (downward-facing arrow above a short horizontal line) and select 'This Page (MP3)'. The MP3 file should show up. Then, you can copy the file to whatever device. It's a bit less convenient from having a 'download all talks, each to a separate file' button in the app, but it would not take very long to download a whole conference.
JasAce98

Post by JasAce98 »

This option works great if you are looking for individual speakers instead of complete sessions. ¡Viva la restauración!

Return to “Android Gospel Library”