FHC computer not connecting to network

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: FHC computer not connecting to network

Post by russellhltn »

marcfromm wrote:Is the church system this slow that things take 24hrs to be allowed to connect and communicate with the system?
No. The DHCP is a local Cisco box. It shouldn't be that painful to get an IP.

Is there time/date on the computer correct? Is the time zone correct?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marcfromm

Re: FHC computer not connecting to network

Post by marcfromm »

drepouille wrote:
marcfromm wrote:we had to do a restore on a fhc computer. the computer is back up, renamed to its original name, and configured with fhc setup. the computer will not connect to the building's network, and so it will not get an ip address, which results in not being able to complete the central identification. How do I get this computer back onto the building network to get an ip address? Thanks.
When you say "get an ip address" you imply that the computer is using DHCP, rather than a static IP assignment. Can you confirm that?
Whether it is using dynamic or static IP assignment, it is always possible for an IP address conflict to exist on your local network. That is even more likely if it was using a static IP address from the image you restored that duplicates a static IP address of another computer on your network.
I confirmed it is using DHCP. The ip configuration is set to DHCP on each FHC computer.

I tried calling GSC while at work 4 days ago, thus not at the machine, and was told they cannot give me any troubleshooting tips to try because it's proprietary information. What?! I must be in front of the machine. So after work I called and never got through to anyone, and had to leave a voicemail, which has yet to be replied to. Needless to say disappointing!

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”