Two EQ Secretaries

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Two EQ Secretaries

Post by russellhltn »

Section 36.2 lays out the requirements for creating a new ward:
- Number of members (active and less active): 300
- Number of active, full-tithe-paying Melchizedek Priesthood holders capable of serving in leadership positions: 1 for every 20 members (active and less active). There must be a minimum of 20.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

I'm curious about where in LCR the option for splitting an Elders Quorum is. With ward clerk access I haven't found it, however bishops see features/functions clerks can't, so splitting an EQ may be a feature that's hidden from clerks as well.

YSA wards having two EQ's makes sense. We have a few nearby, which is about the extent of my experience with them.

Thanks for the reference on creating wards. A friend in Washington State recently experienced combining of wards, which caused me to wonder what our ward's rather diminished attendance might lead to.

Happy New Year ! y'all.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Step 1:
eq-split-1.png
Step 2:
eq-split-2.png
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Cool ! Thanks muchly ! I didn't bother to check out the Edit button.

Finding Church website features seems quite like discovering Easter eggs in video games or PC software. However, it would be really nice to have written references or instruction, at least for functions/features that are new or that we use less. User interfaces are supposed to be "intuitive", but when we don't know what to look for we simply don't find things.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”