Two EQ Secretaries

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
dandaman74

Two EQ Secretaries

Post by dandaman74 »

Our new Elders Quorum president has received approval from the Stake to have two quorum secretaries. Both were sustained as EQ secretary, with neither being an "assistant secretary". However, LCR only seems to allow for one person at a time to hold the position of EQ secretary. If I designate the other as Assistant EQ Secretary, will he still have the same access in LCR as the one I designate as the EQ secretary? Is there any other way to designate both as EQ secretary. It looks like the system forces a release of the first if you try to also apply the calling to the second.
eblood66

Re: Two EQ Secretaries

Post by eblood66 »

LCR only allows one EQ secretary and there is no way around this. This is inline with the handbook which indicates the EQ president can call 'an elder to server as elders quorum secretary'. On the other hand, it mentions 'assistant secretaries' in the same section so there can be more than one assistant secretary.

However, as far as I know an assistant secretary has the same rights in LCR as the rest of the EQ presidency.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dandaman74 wrote:Our new Elders Quorum president has received approval from the Stake to have two quorum secretaries.
I suspect the stake has exceeded it's authority as LCR doesn't permit this. The business rules are not created by the developers, but handed down by the Brethren.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dandaman74

Post by dandaman74 »

Thanks for your thoughts. As long as an assistant secretary has the same rights in LCR I think we will be fine.
dburstedt

Post by dburstedt »

I know this is an older thread. But there are two things to think about here. You can create custom callings inside a presidency and they inherent the access of the group. So you can just create a second secretary in the elders Quorum.

In LCR in the OTHER tab there is an access table that shows what access to LCR each calling has. The EQ presidency all has equal access.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dburstedt wrote:You can create custom callings inside a presidency and they inherent the access of the group.
You might want to verify that, because I don't think that's true.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

dburstedt wrote:You can create custom callings inside a presidency and they inherent the access of the group.
Have you actually tried that? I'm 99% sure that isn't correct. Despite how the access table is formatted, everything I've ever seen indicates that rights are granted by position and not organization and that only standard positions confer rights
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

eblood66 wrote:
Have you actually tried that? I'm 99% sure that isn't correct. Despite how the access table is formatted, everything I've ever seen indicates that rights are granted by position and not organization and that only standard positions confer rights
I'm 100% sure that it isn't correct. Permission are assigned by calling and not by organization.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Please keep in mind that rights do not appear instantly. It can take up to 24 hours (although 12 hours is more common). I'm not sure how long it takes for a release to be processed - it may be the same. So, if someone went from assistant clerk to 2nd quorum secretary, they will appear to have rights - for about a day.

r_vinoya

Post by r_vinoya »

how about two EQ presidents? the 2nd EQ president did not have access to LCR. Is there a way to give access to 2nd EQ president?

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”