Membership Audit Questions - SOS

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rheroux

Membership Audit Questions - SOS

Post by rheroux »

Greetings,
I'm a stake clerk and I'll be providing training on membership audits in Stake Bishopric Training meeting this Saturday morning at 6 am CT. My stake president just asked me (30 minutes ago) to include the membership audit questions in the training. I've never been a ward clerk, and my term of service as a stake clerk began AFTER the membership audit last year, so I have no idea. As a stake clerk is there somewhere I can see the membership audit questions?

Or can someone reply with them?

You've never let me down, so I'm counting on you to save me again! :D

Thanks!
Ron
drepouille

Re: Membership Audit Questions - SOS

Post by drepouille »

The "annual" membership audit may be run by any ward clerk at any time, as many times per year as he likes. Therefore, you could ask any of your ward clerks to step through the audit, and copy/paste the questions into a document for your use. When I was stake clerk, I encouraged the ward clerks to run the membership audit frequently as a validation tool. It is a blessing and a valuable tool, and should not be considered to be another tasking from on high. Now that the membership audit has moved from MLS to LCR, it is even easier to use and more valuable to clerks and leaders.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
rheroux

Post by rheroux »

Just realized that I hadn't replied to this. I took your advice, Dana. Worked perfectly!
Cheers!
Ron
tingeydr

Post by tingeydr »

During a membership audit, I get the following message on an individual:
"According to Church records, this member’s currently-recorded spouse is married to another person. Please confirm the status of this marriage with the member and update his or her record accordingly."
This person is inactive and will not respond to any inquiry about the status of his marriage. What do I do to clear the report and get the membership audit open closed?
Please help.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”