Branch in Nepal

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
msanderssmith

Branch in Nepal

Post by msanderssmith »

I would like to attend church when I am here on business in Kathmandu, Nepal. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time finding out when and where the branch meets. Please help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Branch in Nepal

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest going to maps.lds.org and inputting your location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
msanderssmith

Post by msanderssmith »

That’s the first thing I tried. The closest location it shows me is a branch in India. I welcome other ideas!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

This Church News article discusses an event that took place there last August. If you look at the caption of the picture in the article, you will see the name of someone who may be able to help.

The article showed up in a Google search using the term (without quotes) "lds church kathmandu" which also displayed a link to a Facebook page and two other links which may contain helpful, if older, clues.

Depending on your sleuthing ability and the helpfulness of those clues, you may be able to find the Church there.

I hope you find it. If you are already there, it appears from what I deduce that you only have a few hours, since Saturday is the day of rest. Your target is most likely 10:00 am.
upendra.rijal

Post by upendra.rijal »

I'm from Nepal so I can help you find the branch. I know it's too late but if you're still looking, do let me know.
Thank you
Upen
kirstenvandam99

Post by kirstenvandam99 »

Hi, I am also trying to find the branch there for a friend staying in Kathmandu. If you can help that would be awesome. My number is [number removed - this is a public forum]
johnbobbin

Post by johnbobbin »

I've been to the branch several times in Nepal. I believe the easiest way to get in contact with them is through Facebook.

Also, you'll definitely need a taxi (unless you feel confident riding their busses around).

P.S. The holyday in Nepal is Saturday (so this is when the members meet). Essentially you can imagine that Saturday and Sunday have been swapped. Hope this helps.
markalvademeester

Post by markalvademeester »

The building currently used is located close to the HAMS hospital, north of the Tribhuvan airport. The meetings currently start at 10 a.m. Saturday morning. Speakers often translate back and forth between Nepali and English.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

markalvademeester wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:14 pm The building currently used is located close to the HAMS hospital, north of the Tribhuvan airport. The meetings currently start at 10 a.m. Saturday morning. Speakers often translate back and forth between Nepali and English.
Thanks for the info, but I would hope the original poster is already home from his business trip to Nepal.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bkschmi

Post by bkschmi »

Hi I am going on a business trip in April. Can you please share the address and any contacts (name and phone numbers) of leadership at the Kathmandu branch?

Thanks so much,
Ben Schmidt

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”