Temple scheduler app

mycousinbob

Temple scheduler app

Post by mycousinbob »

Is anyone aware of an app for Apple or Android that will let you connect to your local temple and view the schedule and reserve a session or sealings or other ordinances? If not, I think this would be worth pursuing. Maybe it could be part of LDS tools app.
drepouille

Re: Temple scheduler app

Post by drepouille »

LDS Tools does a pretty good job doing nearly all those features. My temple recently discontinued making reservations for ordinance sessions. I don't know if that was a local decision, or a Temple Department decision.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mycousinbob

Post by mycousinbob »

I do not see on my LDS tools where I can reserve an endowment session at 3pm on Friday. Or sealings or baptisms. Does your LDS tools app do that? Maybe I am not seeing all it has to offer.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Not all temples require reservations for sessions, but for those that do you could submit feedback to LDS tools and see if that is a feature they could add.
djedi

Post by djedi »

I agree this would be a great feature to be able to make a reservation anytime without calling the temple. It seems our temple has been so busy lately and the sister making the reservations is always grumpy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mattkersey

Post by mattkersey »

At the very least, allow those at the temples who receive that temple's emails to take a reservation that way. Under "My Temple" there is an "Email" link that says:
Send email to temple. I clicked on the link and sent them a request to reserve two spots in an upcoming session for my wife and I, giving them our full names. This was my reply:
"I am so sorry but unfortunately we do not take appointments by email or online currently. Could you please call the temple at 909-389-7369 to schedule your appointment.
Thank you,
Redlands California Temple"
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

mattkersey wrote:At the very least, allow those at the temples who receive that temple's emails to take a reservation that way. Under "My Temple" there is an "Email" link that says:
Send email to temple. I clicked on the link and sent them a request to reserve two spots in an upcoming session for my wife and I, giving them our full names. This was my reply:
"I am so sorry but unfortunately we do not take appointments by email or online currently. Could you please call the temple at 909-389-7369 to schedule your appointment.
Thank you,
Redlands California Temple"
I could be wrong, but suspect your situation is under the direction of the local Temple President. I have seen slight differences in Temple operating procedures when we have had our Temple Presidents change. Not that one way is right and another way is wrong, just different. The decision makers at church headquarters do not visit this user-to-user help forum so requests here will likely not drive any substantive action. It is my understanding that feedback (from the church web site and the church apps) is read and forwarded to the decision makers. You could also speak with your temple president the next time you are there and request consideration for appointments via email (it is obvious they received your email) - but he may have a very good reason for their current policy.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rontuttle wrote:How do I get the ap
Member Tools can be found in the appropriate app store.

There is no separate app for scheduling temples.

Currently, your best bet is to call them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Our temple recently opened to phase 3 (by appointment only). I can schedule appointments online through the church site.
After I login to the churchofjesuschrist.org site, I go to my account and scroll down until I see my temple in the Personal and Family section. When I select that link there is information about my temple (phase 3 details, address, planned closure dates, etc.) along with a blue "schedule now" button. That button lets you see what appointment days/times are available for various ordinances you want to perform.

I don't know if all temples use the online scheduling system now, but you might check yours.
falanikofaasavalu

Post by falanikofaasavalu »

No what’s the app call

Return to “Mobile Applications”