LDS Online store is charging me $ for no reason

Discussions about other Church websites
alexja

LDS Online store is charging me $ for no reason

Post by alexja »

Hello, perhaps someone here can help me becasue peple at the GSC cannot or will not.

I made a purchase on store.lds.org an april 25 this year. I was charged the fee or the price of the purchased item. And then comes the waiting because I live in Ecuador and the shipping takes a while. Then on day, in june, my credit card starts sending me these notifications of $2.13 charges being made by the LDS DIST ONLINE STOR, every single morning, for the past 2 weeks. Every single morning, it naver fails. Luckily for me, each charged has been anulled by the same LDS DIST ONLINE STOR, except for the first time it happened. So, I other words, the store stole $2.13 from my credit card and never put them back in there, as it has happened with all other charges.

It is frustrating because my bank is accusing me of credit card fraud and it is clearly not my fault. Who can I call, I have sent emails and made phone calls to GSC but they always give me the same answer: "we will look further into it and contact you as soon as we have an answer", but clearly that is not helping. :oops: :oops: :oops:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Online store is charging me $ for no reason

Post by russellhltn »

This forum is primarily user-to-user support. Sorry, but I don't know as there's much we can do for you but offer condolences.

The best suggestion I have is to write up the details in a factual language (in outline form would be ideal), including your past attempts at contacting them, and ask your stake president to forward it church headquarters. I'm not sure how else to find someone who can do something about it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Was your card charged for what you purchased in April? I believe that your card doesn't actually get charged until the order ships. So, if it shipped in June, it would be charged in June.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The repeating charge does sound like a computer hiccup, but the initial charge may be valid.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cmweadock

Post by cmweadock »

Interestingly, I am getting a weekly charge of $1.75. It won’t change my standard of living but I would like to know what it is for.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cmweadock wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:31 am Interestingly, I am getting a weekly charge of $1.75. It won’t change my standard of living but I would like to know what it is for.
You'll have to contact them. The forum is primarily user-to-user support. I have no idea what would cause a weekly charge. Are you sure it's store.churchofjesuschrist.org and not some privately run church-themed store?

jamesbesaw

Post by jamesbesaw »

I get charged 7 dollars a week, glad and sad to know I'm not the only one
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I get charged 7 dollars a week, glad and sad to know I'm not the only one
Have you tried contacting the Store, and if so what interactions have you had with them? What was your most-recent purchase from the Store, and were there any issues with items on back-order or anything like that? And as mentioned previously, are you sure it's the Church's online store and not another LDS-related site?

None of the posters to this thread ever returned to give any update on how their issues were resolved. Obviously they aren't still paying those ongoing charges, so something happened. It would be really helpful if once you resolve your charges, you're able to provide an update about what the actual issue was, and how it was fixed. That will help any future member who finds this thread, if they can see a solution that might apply to their situation.

Return to “Other Websites”