Google Wave?

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

portseven wrote:The first thing that springs to mind on the multiple roles thing, is to ask why are you conducting personal business at work? Most companies I have worked for prohibit that, so why would you want multiple identities?
I think most people would want their systems integrated. Way back when I took a Franklin class, they emphasized to only have one calendar and not multiple. Otherwise, sooner or later you're going to end up with a conflict. Maybe it's the day you have to drive back from a far-away customer that's the same night as your daughter's school play. With a single calendar, you'll spot that conflict much sooner.

Again, I point out that Outlook can deal with multiple mailboxes very nicely. So anything that tries to push it out is likely to need to same functionality. But since this is software running in a browser, how will one client deal with multiple identities?

Edit: More to the point, and why I bring it up here, it would be nice for the church to host wave for unit leaders. That way bishoprics and stake presidencies can better correlate and in a secure environment. But for that it work, I think it would have to also integrate with one's personal "email/wave" system. Otherwise you end up with some one who checks their church wave every other week.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

RussellHltn wrote:More to the point, and why I bring it up here, it would be nice for the church to host wave for unit leaders. That way bishoprics and stake presidencies can better correlate and in a secure environment. But for that it work, I think it would have to also integrate with one's personal "email/wave" system. Otherwise you end up with some one who checks their church wave every other week.
It will be interesting to see how far they will open the API.

One of the big things I can think would benefit unit and stake leaders would be if you create a meeting & task management system and then link it to Google Waves. You could extend Waves to include information about who something is assigned to, its parent dependency etc. Something simple and yet not too basic.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”