How do Elder’s Quorum, RS presidencies enter ministering assignments?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bstrong

How do Elder’s Quorum, RS presidencies enter ministering assignments?

Post by bstrong »

How do Elder’s Quorum, RS presidencies enter ministering assignments? I’m the ward clerk and am trying to help them do this. On Leader and Clerk Resources I asked them to go to Organizations—>, Ministering but the EQ president just told me he does have a ministering option (and showed me a screenshot with the missing info). He has been put into the system as the EQ President so I don’t think that out of date callings is the issue.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: How do Elder’s Quorum, RS presidencies enter ministering assignments?

Post by rmrichesjr »

A few ideas until someone with the real solution replies:

If he clicks on 'Organizations' in the light-blue-gray upper menu bar, in the second column, underneath the 'Callings' heading, does he see a 'Ministering' heading? As a ward membership clerk, I see a 'Ministering' heading with 'Elders Quorum' and 'Relief Society' under it.

Another option is to go to Organizations -> Elders Quorum and select the 'Callings' tab. I see a 'Ministering' item at the bottom of the list with the light cyan-ish background. However, that appears to be only for callings of coordinator, secretary, and supervisor.

Is he able to see other details he should see in his calling? If not, make sure his calling is recorded as a standard calling rather than a custom calling. Going to Other -> Other -> Access Table will show a large table of what callings can see and perform what functions.

If the issue is cached content in the browser, forcing a complete page reload might be necessary. In Firefox, that's done with Shift-Ctrl-R rather than just plain Ctrl-R. Clearing the browser cache and deleting relevant cookies might also help.

Now, somebody will probably come along later with corrections to the above and much more effective solutions. Hopefully, something in the above might be useful in the interim.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Oh, another idea. If nothing else helps and nobody else replies with something that does work, he or you could use the Feedback link/button to request help from support personnel. This is a user-to-user forum, so solutions often happen but are not guaranteed. If you use the Feedback link/button, I suggest stating very clearly that you have deleted cookies, cleared the browser cache, and done a full page reload (Shift-Ctrl-R)--else you'll likely be told to do so, which would delay getting to the real solution.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Does he by any chance have another calling with access to LCR? If so, there should be a yellow drop down box in the upper right side of the screen where he can select which calling to use.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bstrong wrote:He has been put into the system as the EQ President so I don’t think that out of date callings is the issue.
When was he added? It can take up to 24 hours for a new calling to be reflected in LCR access. If his prior calling had access to LCR, that may be how he's getting in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The issue doesn't appear to be any of the usual suspects (calling entered recently and hasn't had time to sync, position entered as custom calling, etc.) . I would check to make sure he isn't inadvertently using his wife's account or a different account that isn't linked to his membership record. The fact that he is getting to the menu makes that seem unlikely. If he is logged in using his account he should (right now) see a ministering tile in the center of the second row. If he sees young women in the menu bar, he is using the wrong account! :)

Otherwise, I would try the suggestions from rmrichesjr (cookies, cache, full page reload). When I check it, it appears to be working correctly for him.
bstrong

Post by bstrong »

Thank you all. He has been listed in his calling for a couple months now so I don’t think it’s that. We will try these suggestions and hopefully figure it out.
BurgessSa

Post by BurgessSa »

Please I'm a new RS President, and it's my first time to enter companionship in the system. Do i have to enter as Proposed assignment or Ministering sisters
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

BurgessSa wrote:I'm a new RS President
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your calling.
BurgessSa wrote: ... it's my first time to enter companionship in the system. Do i have to enter as Proposed assignment or Ministering sisters
The system is designed to allow changes at the Current Assignments page as well as at the Proposed Assignments page. The real difference between the two pages is the Current Assignments page changes go live as soon as the changes are made while the Proposed Assignments page is a sandbox and the proposed assignments are not yet visible to other members and changes will not automatically be applied to your currently published assignments. The Proposed Assignments page is for unpublished assignments that allows leaders to work on changes, coordinate proposals, and then have the bishop view the proposals before approving them for publishing.

Use the Proposed Assignments page for any planning, coordinating, and approval that needs to be accomplished before publishing. The Proposed Assignments data goes live and replaces the Current Assignments data when the Review and Publish Assignments button is clicked. Small individual changes that already have the bishop's approval can be entered directly at the Current Assignments page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
allen.luke4224

Post by allen.luke4224 »

Is there a way to "start from scratch" in proposed assignments?

All of what I will describe is within the proposed assignments section:

I see a "Start Over" button. When I click this, it removes all companionships and their assignments (this is what I want). However, after that, I have no buttons or boxes to create districts, companionships, or assignments. When I move to the "unassigned tab", all unassigned companionships and families/individuals to be assigned are present. Again, in this location, I cannot create anything or move any individual to any other locations.

My trouble with using the "currently assigned" option to generate the framework of the assignments is that I am looking to make a LOT of changes. This option will take me what feels like two weeks of every free night I have available. It would be nice to "start over" and be able to assign in an orderly manner rather than jumping back and forth and juggling so many warning responses from the website.

Ideas?!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”